PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help install

enzodad
February 12th, 2010, 03:57 AM
i bought a new toshiba satellite a505 laptop 64bit 4gigs ram its fast but i want to install ubuntu on it. well anyway it will not load any linux cd/dvd even a live cd, my roommates toshiba staelitte is smaller version but it loads it just fine can someone help with this/. i wiped HD and still nothing

av.kumar85
February 12th, 2010, 04:51 AM
i bought a new toshiba satellite a505 laptop 64bit 4gigs ram its fast but i want to install ubuntu on it. well anyway it will not load any linux cd/dvd even a live cd, my roommates toshiba staelitte is smaller version but it loads it just fine can someone help with this/. i wiped HD and still nothing

are you sure you have changed your boot options on th boot menu? You would need to set it to boot from CD / DVD in order to do that. Does the live CD work on your other OS installation if you have one?

enzodad
February 12th, 2010, 06:59 AM
yes i hit f12 and boot from cd/dvd i know that, and yes cd is gine i just installed in on 64 bit gateway laptop same day. i know how to do it its just this laptop will not load/boot linux, the only linux i have gotten close to it is ultimate adition(ubuntu) it wipes hd starts install gets to about 22% then stops. mint and everything else dose nothing past the main selection screen install/live menue.