PDA

View Full Version : Yes! It's coming.

dragos240
February 12th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Hehehe.... I just got a new sega genesis, it's coming in the mail soon. I can't wait to play sonic 3 with it :) I'm also getting a saturn with wip3out.

Satoru-san
February 12th, 2010, 01:47 AM
I didnt know sega still made systems o_O

I remember the dreamcast, and with that here is a funny video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrdfTRlUtvU&feature=related

dragos240
February 12th, 2010, 01:49 AM
I didnt know sega still made systems o_O

I remember the dreamcast, and with that here is a funny video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrdfTRlUtvU&feature=related

These systems are quite old. The genesis is a 16 bit system, and the saturn is a 32 bit. I also have the dreamcast.

dragos240
February 12th, 2010, 01:51 AM
That video is one of the only videos I have fav'd on youtube.

Satoru-san
February 12th, 2010, 01:52 AM
I also have the dreamcast.
You can easily run gentoo on it.

That would be a funky kernel though. :P

dragos240
February 12th, 2010, 01:59 AM
You can easily run gentoo on it.

That would be a funky kernel though. :P

Not really, It's just a generic sh4 kernel. I have a linux livecd for the dreamcast (it's actually not gentoo, but red hat). However, as of now, it's just show. I don't yet have a sega keyboard.

Satoru-san
February 12th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Not really, It's just a generic sh4 kernel. I have a linux livecd for the dreamcast (it's actually not gentoo, but red hat). However, as of now, it's just show. I don't yet have a sega keyboard.
I didnt mean the kernel would be funky I meant the config. To get all that hardware to work right. Like what about the processor type and features, and input devices? What I meant is it would be non standard.
:o

dragos240
February 12th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I didnt mean the kernel would be funky I meant the config. To get all that hardware to work right. Like what about the processor type and features, and input devices? What I meant is it would be non standard.
:o

Actually, all of the devices are in the kernel already. The SH4 processor, the GD-rom drive, as well as input devices.

Satoru-san
February 12th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Actually, all of the devices are in the kernel already. The SH4 processor, the GD-rom drive, as well as input devices.
WOW, awesome then.

pwnst*r
February 12th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Sega ftw.

dragos240
February 12th, 2010, 02:59 AM
What are some good genesis (mega drive everywhere else but the US), and saturn games. I'm getting both.

sudoer541
February 12th, 2010, 04:15 AM
That video is one of the only videos I have fav'd on youtube.

this may sound rude but, how much did it cost you to buy your gaming system?
dont get offended because I got a smart choice for you!
you can buy any old systems + games from thrift stores such as value village, salvation army and the goodwill store.
the prices are OMG cheap!!!!!!!!!

ElSlunko
February 12th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Oh my god you guys just made me feel old :(. "I didn't know Sega made systems". It was the only gaming system I had 'till the xbox 360.

Satoru-san
February 12th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Oh my god you guys just made me feel old :(. "I didn't know Sega made systems". It was the only gaming system I had 'till the xbox 360.
You took that out of context, I said I didnt know they still made systems.

I have probably been around longer than you, if you are still in school that is, my first computer had DOS on it.

ElSlunko
February 12th, 2010, 06:14 AM
You took that out of context, I said I didnt know they still made systems.

I have probably been around longer than you, if you are still in school that is, my first computer had DOS on it.

Nope! I've been out of school (College) for 4 years now. Ugh.

RiceMonster
February 12th, 2010, 06:37 AM
What are some good genesis (mega drive everywhere else but the US), and saturn games. I'm getting both.

Streets of Rage
Battle Toads

Lux Perpetua
February 12th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Hehehe.... I just got a new sega genesis, it's coming in the mail soon. I can't wait to play sonic 3 with it :) I'm also getting a saturn with wip3out.You have good taste! Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles...all great games.

bleedingħtheħdead
February 12th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Hehehe.... I just got a new sega genesis, it's coming in the mail soon. I can't wait to play sonic 3 with it :) I'm also getting a saturn with wip3out.

most of the good saturn games are pretty expensive, jp imports are much cheaper. you also have access to lots of games that were never released in the u.s.

HangukMiguk
February 12th, 2010, 11:43 AM
If I ever get a Saturn, it will for sure be a Japanese Saturn. Too much good stuff on that system never saw the light of day in America.

NCLI
February 12th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I still have my old Megadrive(Genesis), with Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2, and Mega Bomberman :D

I donĝt use it anymore though. I just bought the Sega Genesis Collection disc for PS3 from Amazon :)

Grenage
February 12th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Megadrive for the win!

Nope! I've been out of school (College) for 4 years now. Ugh.

Lol, you're both children. :)

dragos240
February 12th, 2010, 01:24 PM
this may sound rude but, how much did it cost you to buy your gaming system?
dont get offended because I got a smart choice for you!
you can buy any old systems + games from thrift stores such as value village, salvation army and the goodwill store.
the prices are OMG cheap!!!!!!!!!

Pretty cheap, like 10 bucks. I'd say it's worth 50 though. I love my dreamcast.

Techsnap
February 12th, 2010, 01:30 PM
When you say new, you don't mean that Blaze Branded crap right? You got a proper second hand (or factory new, expensive) MD didn't you?

bleedingħtheħdead
February 12th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Pretty cheap, like 10 bucks. I'd say it's worth 50 though. I love my dreamcast.

just wait until your dc starts resetting itself :D

Techsnap
February 12th, 2010, 02:01 PM
just wait until your dc starts resetting itself :D

Just spray the Power board with WD-40.

bleedingħtheħdead
February 12th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Just spray the Power board with WD-40.

nope, you have to rebend the psu pins.

Techsnap
February 12th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I haven't had to do that yet, but yes that would be the long term fix.

bleedingħtheħdead
February 12th, 2010, 02:04 PM
i haven't had to do that yet, but yes that would be the long term fix.
qq
:P

Techsnap
February 12th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I've had to put new Capacitors on the Gamegear and replace the F1 fuse in my Mega CD console :P

skymera
February 12th, 2010, 02:11 PM

I just bought Sonic3 for PC..

bleedingħtheħdead
February 12th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I've had to put new Capacitors on the Gamegear and replace the F1 fuse in my Mega CD console :P

megacd xD

Techsnap
February 12th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I just bought Sonic3 for PC..

S3&K collection? I have that, it's annoying how they replaced the music with Midi versions and changed some of the songs. A lot of people say it's because of MJs involvement with the original soundtrack, but I think it was done to accommodate computers at the time.

skymera
February 12th, 2010, 02:49 PM
S3&K collection? I have that, it's annoying how they replaced the music with Midi versions and changed some of the songs. A lot of people say it's because of MJs involvement with the original soundtrack, but I think it was done to accommodate computers at the time.

I think that's it, yeah :)

I also have a portable Sonic Mega Collection Plus i like to play at college ^^

Techsnap
February 12th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I also have a portable Sonic Mega Collection Plus i like to play at college ^^

I have the Megadrive collection on the PSP and the Sonic Mega Collection Plus on PC just for the sake of owning them. The PSP one is alright, the PC version has absolutely disgraceful emulation, most people who haven't played the originals before or for a long time probably wouldn't notice but the emulation is crap.

bleedingħtheħdead
February 12th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I have the Megadrive collection on the PSP and the Sonic Mega Collection Plus on PC just for the sake of owning them. The PSP one is alright, the PC version has absolutely disgraceful emulation, most people who haven't played the originals before or for a long time probably wouldn't notice but the emulation is crap.

you paid for emulation on a pc?

Techsnap
February 12th, 2010, 04:11 PM
you paid for emulation on a pc?

I bought the Sonic Mega Collection plus for the sake of adding it to the collection.

dragos240
February 13th, 2010, 01:16 AM
When you say new, you don't mean that Blaze Branded crap right? You got a proper second hand (or factory new, expensive) MD didn't you?

Yep. A nice model 1.

gymophett
February 13th, 2010, 01:29 AM
I donĝt use it anymore though. I just bought the Sega Genesis Collection disc for PS3 from Amazon :)

It rocks too!

Woolio1
February 13th, 2010, 01:46 AM
I should pick up a few cheap old consoles, like Dreamcasts and NESes...

Been wanting to start Hardware Modding, so maybe I can buy some cheap PC parts and manufacture a DVR/NES? Who knows... Anyone know where I can get some old consoles on the cheap?

-Ericson

chriswyatt
February 13th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Sonic Jam on the Saturn was cool and they did a good job emulating the old games :)

And Panzer Dragoon Saga, great game but expensive and difficult to find, otherwise I would've already picked that one up and played it again by now. :P

Bought a Saturn a while ago, tried soldering a modchip, buggered it up, now it's just lying in a plastic bag somewhere :(

dragos240
February 13th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the European version of zero wing. (Don't kill me.)

Woolio1
February 13th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the European version of zero wing. (Don't kill me.)

This game?

"What happen?"

"Somebody set up us the bomb."

"We get signal."

"What!"

"Main screen turn on. "

"It's you!!!"

"How are you gentlemen? "

"All your base are belong to us."

"You are on the way to destruction."

"What you say!!!"

"You have no chance to survive make your time."

"Ha ha ha ha!"

squilookle
February 13th, 2010, 03:48 AM
I used to love my Sega Genesis (I live in the UK but my parents bought it from America and somehow had it converted to work with televisions over here... anyway...)

As far as the games go, you can't go wrong with the Sonics,
Kid Chameleon was good but really, really strange,
Chuck Rock,
Road Rash (Road Rash 2 was even better),
The Mega Games collections were quite good (1: Super Hand On, Italia 90, Columns, 2: Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, The Revenge of Shinobi).

I also liked Michael Jacksons MoonWalker (You could make the dogs dance as well as the human vilains and zombies...).

I also have somewhat happy memories of playing Ecco the dolphin.

dragos240
February 13th, 2010, 03:48 AM
This game?

Well yes. I have seen videos of gameplay. It actually looks like a very fun game.

Techsnap
February 13th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Yep. A nice model 1.

Cool, those do have superior sound to the Model 2. I recommend you buy an RGB Cable and with a stereo output which connects to the headphone jack on the MD.

Warpnow
February 13th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Games you should buy:

Sonic 2
Toejam and Earl
Earthworm Jim
Shinobi
Sonic 3D
Road Rash
Rocket Knight Adventures
Mutant League Hockey
Urban Strike
NBA Live (This one brings back memories)
Castlevania Bloodlines
Streets of Rage