PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Proxomitron would be a good port?

TechSonic
March 6th, 2006, 02:40 PM
To find out what Proxomitron is, go to www.proxomitron.info.

Having a proxy with advanced filters for personal use would be awesome for blocking most advertisements that firefox can't handle.

The idea of this application would be nice for Linux. Even using Proxomitron on your own network server for those of you with family or roomies who have Windows, they might like it.

bjweeks
March 6th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Squid? Adblock?

FoxLogic
March 6th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Hey yeah, good idea. We used to use Proxomitron back when we had Windows in our office. I liked the part where it blocked Yahoo Geocities advertisements.

bjweeks
March 6th, 2006, 02:44 PM
OMG fox.

TechSonic
March 6th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Squid? Adblock?

I've never heard of those.

GeneralZod
March 6th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Squid? Adblock?

http://www.privoxy.org/, too.

FoxLogic
OMG fox.

\\:D/

bjweeks
I've never heard of those.

Squid is a proxy server for linux.

Adblock is a extenstion for firefox.

TechSonic
March 6th, 2006, 02:48 PM
http://www.privoxy.org/, too.

I'll check that one out. Kind of want to use Proxomitron cause back when we used Windows, we built in about 1000 custom page filters into it. I don't think copy and paste would work in these others. Other wise, it's hours of my time.

bjweeks
March 6th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Nobody is going to port an app cause you want you filters to work. There is many apps that fill that job in linux.

FoxLogic
March 6th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Then I guess we will keep it to our selfs. We already got the source for it. If you guys don't want it when we are done, that's fine.

bjweeks
March 6th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I'm so sad:cry:

FoxLogic
March 6th, 2006, 02:55 PM
I'm so sad:cry:

You should be, it will have a pretty Gui to work from.

Kernel Sanders
March 6th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Talking to yourself again? FoxLogic/TechSonic?

Agree with bjweeks, adblock and filtersetG will do everything you want NOW, so what exactly to you want proxomitron for?

bjweeks
March 6th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Great tell me when its done:rolleyes:

TechSonic
March 6th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Talking to yourself again? FoxLogic/TechSonic?

Agree with bjweeks, adblock and filtersetG will do everything you want NOW, so what exactly to you want proxomitron for?
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/images/smilies/rocket.gif

bjweeks
March 6th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Talking in .gif files, way to fail.

majikstreet
March 6th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Talking in .gif files, way to fail.
:D

oh boo hoo big bad foxlogic/techsonic/idiot is gonna keep a port all to their little bitty selves.. I'm so sad!

We actually have enough brainpower to set up a squid proxy and put your rules in it.. OR just simply use adblock and/or filterset.g, and guess what? on pages that have ads on them and people talk about them, I didn't even know they had ads! because I use adblock and filterset.g!

briancurtin
March 6th, 2006, 11:19 PM
i find this thread to be hilarious.

WildTangent
March 7th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Are you guys quite done harrassing him? With this kind of abuse, I'm surprised he even stays.

-Wild

Sheinar
March 7th, 2006, 03:25 AM
With this kind of abuse, I'm surprised he even stays.
I'm pretty sure the reason for the "abuse" is so he doesn't stay.

bjweeks
March 7th, 2006, 05:11 AM
I'm pretty sure the reason for the "abuse" is so he doesn't stay.

No, but I don't care if he does... It's just another pointless thread by FoxLogic/TechSonic....

WildTangent
March 7th, 2006, 05:28 AM
No, but I don't care if he does... It's just another pointless thread by FoxLogic/TechSonic....
How is it pointless? He's asking the community at large if they'd like to see an app ported...

-Wild

bjweeks
March 7th, 2006, 05:55 AM
It's something linux has covered and thats what was said(I also said nobody was going to port it for he/them). Then Fox/Tech adds that they/he are going to port it and because we are not grateful he/they are not going to release it. We add that nobody cares. I have to yet see any real work out of Tech/Fox just a bunch of threads talking about it.

PatrickMay16
March 7th, 2006, 06:45 AM
bjweeks, *john*, majikstreet, kindly grow up and stop harassing Techsonic and Foxlogic. Yeah, I agree that the posts these guys make may not be the best, but you're not acting much better at the moment.
The guy was just asking if we'd want an application ported, and you all come and start acting unreasonably rude, and making personal insults towards him. Doesn't that break the rules?

Maybe something I've said here has broken the rules, sorry about that. I have nothing against any of you, I'd just like people to act like responsible adults here.

bjweeks
March 7th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Nobody got rude till they said they/he was said he was going "keep it to our selfs" then everbody basically said whooped ******* do.

KiwiNZ
March 7th, 2006, 08:12 AM
I think we will bring down the curtain on this little act