PDA

View Full Version : The Great Satchmo...

xmastree
March 6th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Well, apropos of nothing really, but I was playing with openuniverse just now. Sandy (the avatar) said "Daddy, I want to see the world" so I found Earth, switched to orbit mode and zoomed in.

At that moment, as we sat watching it rotate, Rhythmbox decided to play 'What a wonderful world'.

:cool:

bjweeks
March 6th, 2006, 01:11 PM
I am confused!:confused: :mrgreen:

Edit: I get it now second times the charm!

Arktis
March 6th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Satchmo is Loui Armstrong, the Jazz Legend.. You know, "And I think to myself, what a wonderful world...".

On a side note, I think xmastree is high or something. Avatars do not talk to people. :razz:

rjwood
March 6th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Well, apropos of nothing really, but I was playing with openuniverse just now. Sandy (the avatar) said "Daddy, I want to see the world" so I found Earth, switched to orbit mode and zoomed in.

At that moment, as we sat watching it rotate, Rhythmbox decided to play 'What a wonderful world'.

:cool:

Sometimes magic just happens:D--I love that feeling\\:D/Sandy will probably remember that special time forever.....Congrats

xmastree
March 6th, 2006, 01:19 PM
This one does. Well, the real life flesh and blood subject of my avatar does... :rolleyes:
And no, I'm not. Haven't even had a drink tonight, and there's none in the fridge either. :-(

I just thought it was a wonderful coincidence, and thought 'd share it.

commodore
March 6th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Satchmo is Loui Armstrong, the Jazz Legend.. You know, "And I think to myself, what a wonderful world...".

On a side note, I think xmastree is high or something. Avatars do not talk to people. :razz:

Isn't the girl on his avatar his daughter?

xmastree
March 6th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Isn't the girl on his avatar his daughter?Yeeup.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xmastree/70506588/

Arktis
March 6th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Oh, hmm, maybe I need glasses. I thought that was a little boy. Cute kid either way.