PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Thunderbird Questions:

wbee
February 11th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Hello,

Is Thunderbird mail compatible with both G mail and Yahoo Mail or is it either/or ?

Can I use Thunderbird for managing mail and still use the calendar feature of Evolution?

((Edit.....If there are other simple,lightweight calendar programs,that would be an option.))

(Yes,I appreciate this is a RTFM question but I'm curious about the answers before I dig into the documentations.:-))

----------

Thank you.

kellemes
February 11th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Mail works fine from TB.
Don't know about Yahoo, it depends if they offer POP3.

ticknubbs
February 11th, 2010, 06:09 PM
You might want to take a look into an add on for thunderbird called Lightning. I switched my whole company over from outlook and they were complaining about missing their task and calendar. Installed lightning and have not heard a peep out of them since.

howefield
February 11th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Hello,

Is Thunderbird mail compatible with both G mail and Yahoo Mail or is it either/or ?

It'll work with both. Gmail supports pop and imap, yahoo supports pop but not sure about imap.

Can I use Thunderbird for managing mail and still use the calendar feature of Evolution?

Yes. Although suggestion above might make things easier, in terms of using one program instead of two.

(Yes,I appreciate this is a RTFM question but I'm curious about the answers before I dig into the documentations.)

Shrug,. whatever you say...