PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

mamamia88
February 10th, 2010, 02:02 PM
you have 2 classes both relatively easy. there is 10 inches of snow outside. there is a good chance one or both of them will be called off when you get there but the campus website still says campus is open do you risk driving in?

pwnst*r
February 10th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Depends how good your town is at clearing roads. It may be 10", but living in NY we had good service in most areas.

Psumi
February 10th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Call in sick. That's what my mother did a couple times due to too much snow.

Though it doesn't work very well with colleges. You're still required to have the class work done by the time slot allotted by the teacher.

Dougie187
February 10th, 2010, 02:09 PM
I would say go.

However if you decide not to go. Make sure you at least email/call the professors and tell them you can't make it due to the snow.

Also though, in doing this, you might shoot yourself in the foot if they live somewhere further away where it is worse and still made it in.

madnessjack
February 10th, 2010, 03:18 PM
This time last year, I drove

http://jack.kingbrick.co.uk/blog/snow-parking.jpg

...never again

ajlee
February 10th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I'm probably a bad person to ask, I used to skip class a lot when it wasn't snowing too :). I say as long as you can keep up with the work, stay home.

pricetech
February 10th, 2010, 04:22 PM
One of those "it depends" issues.

IF the college / instructor allow for absence on account of inclement weather, then obviously stay home. If not, then I guess you'll have to risk it.

You'll find the same dilemma facing you once you go to work after graduation. It just depends on the employer.