PDA

View Full Version : when does altzheimer's kick in?

fuscia
March 6th, 2006, 05:39 AM
i swear i'm on the path to saying "what?" fifty times an hour. everyone forgets what they were about to say, every now and then, but there is at least a shadow on their hard drive that they can torture themselves with. that used to be the case with me, but now, if i forget it, it's gone. i'm not even sure how i even know i have forgotten i was going to say something. on the bright side, the other day, i reclaimed a thought out of absolutely nothing. (at least, that's the impression i'm under.)

Bandit
March 6th, 2006, 05:41 AM
i swear i'm on the path to saying "what?" fifty times an hour. everyone forgets what they were about to say, every now and then, but there is at least a shadow on their hard drive that they can torture themselves with. that used to be the case with me, but now, if i forget it, it's gone. i'm not even sure how i even know i have forgotten i was going to say something. on the bright side, the other day, i reclaimed a thought out of absolutely nothing. (at least, that's the impression i'm under.)
What was we just talking about?? :???:

mstlyevil
March 6th, 2006, 05:42 AM
I forgot what my reply was going to be. Where am I and who are you?

jason.b.c
March 6th, 2006, 05:44 AM
What was we just talking about?

I don't know, I think she's got Altzheimers or something

fuscia
March 6th, 2006, 05:46 AM
I don't know, I think she's got Altzheimers or something

she does?!? poor girl. i worry about myself sometimes. LOL!

rfruth
March 6th, 2006, 05:47 AM
hua ?

fuscia
March 6th, 2006, 05:48 AM
hua ?

you forgot the 'L', moron.

mstlyevil
March 6th, 2006, 05:49 AM
They say a symptom of Alzhiemers is straying from and I went to the store but it was far away.

Bandit
March 6th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Can someone help me find my way home :(

fuscia
March 6th, 2006, 05:52 AM
seriously, i have a friend i used to play golf with, that has it. he found out when he was 76. when he told his wife, she said "well, you finally have an excuse for the way you've been acting for the past thirty years."

jason.b.c
March 6th, 2006, 05:53 AM
What was we just talking about?

OOPS my mistake, I misread , I thought it said " what was she " :rolleyes:

OK so sue me i'm tired!;)

fuscia
March 6th, 2006, 05:54 AM
OOPS my mistake, I misread , I thought it said " what was she " :rolleyes:

OK so sue me i'm tired!;)

looks like i'm not alone.

jason.b.c
March 6th, 2006, 05:58 AM
looks like i'm not alone.

Maybe, Maaaay beeee.:(

Bandit
March 6th, 2006, 05:58 AM
seriously, i have a friend i used to play golf with, that has it. he found out when he was 76. when he told his wife, she said "well, you finally have an excuse for the way you've been acting for the past thirty years."
I am not sure what age is the average. AFAIK it can actualy come at any age, but its just more common in old people some many associate it with old age.
I am only 27 and I am already to the point where I have to right many things down for me to remember or I will totally forget how I did something on the PC. I used to not be like that.. But alot also can have to do with the amount of stress someone is under and the quality of the sleep someone is getting at night. (Refereign to remembering things, not alztimers.)
Cheers,
Joey

mstlyevil
March 6th, 2006, 06:00 AM
My Grandfather on my dads side had both Parkinsons and Alzheimers. He died from it back in 1984. I don't see a problem with joking about it as long as we remember it is also a serious issue for some.

-deadcats
March 6th, 2006, 06:03 AM
53. Age 53 years, that's when Alzheimer's kicks in. But it's not all bad. You meet new people and have interesting experiences. I have proof!
1. A few months ago, I forgot to remove the keys from my car ignition before locking and closing the doors. I also forgot where I hid the hidden key box. In fact, it took me a couple days to remember that I had a hidden key box. This has never happened before.
2. A few weeks ago, I forgot to turn off my car's headlights. It drained the battery. This also has never happened before. I decided this would be a nice time to start taking the bus.
3. About a month ago, I headed out to the bus stop but forgot to pull up my zipper. I wondered why the women I'd been sitting across from the past month had suddenly developed an interest in me.
4. Two weeks ago I forgot to get off the bus at my stop. Wool-gathering, I suspect. But I did learn it's 1.25 miles from Fred Meyers to my office on the hoof.
5. A week ago, I discovered the bus driver knew my name. It was quite extraordinary to hear her say, "Ken, wake up. We're at your stop now."

I dunno where I'm going from here. I guess as long as they'll let me on the bus I'm going somewhere, anyway...

-dc

darkmatter
March 6th, 2006, 09:04 AM
My memory is getting to that point... damn 'terminal' crap

One of the symptoms is loss of long-term memory... nother is loss of focus/concentration...

At my age (33) I think I'd rather have altzheimer's... Then at least I'd have the pleasure of not remembering how utterly depressing it is.

Oh well... one day at a time I guess...

benplaut
March 6th, 2006, 09:57 AM
<edit>

no, i didn't just say that

Lovechild
March 6th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I might have alzheimer's but at least I don't have alzheimer's

Arktis
March 6th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Dude, I've been absent minded since I was like five. I must have been born with altzheimer's.

Nobody is preferkt.

The thing you have to ask yourself is, what's dfferent in my life now as opposed to before I started noticing a problem? It could be a stress, it could be eating habits, it could be sleeping habits, etc. Or you could be getting poisoned slowly by that creepy dude next door. Whatever. :rolleyes:

The least likely possibility is that you are actually going senile.

Stew2
March 6th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Or you could be getting poisoned slowly by that creepy dude next door. Whatever. :rolleyes:

The least likely possibility is that you are actually going senile.

rotflmao!

majikstreet
March 6th, 2006, 10:35 PM
what'd you say?

I'm absentminded... since forever.. I'm the Absent Minded Professor II.. the Absent Minded Professor I is my uncle... well.. he's the Absent Minded Doctor I really.. and I'll (hopefully) end up as the Absent Minded Surgeon... lol

jannol
March 6th, 2006, 11:17 PM
I don't remember that I ever forgot something

Lord Illidan
March 6th, 2006, 11:22 PM
After reading through this thread, I forgot what I was going to say. That's twice your threads have cracked me up 2day, fuscia!