PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to disable conky and cairo-dock at start up?

vickoxy
February 9th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Hi,
i installed conky and cairo-dock on my dell mini 10v. Then i made little script to activate external display and after that conky and cairo-dock-so that they can be shown properly on my external display if it is plugged in (otherwise, after each reboot i have messed up display)

#!/bin/sh
xrandr --output LVDS1 --off --output VGA1 --mode 1366x768 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal
conky
cairo-dock -c

Still, although i disabled in startup/sessions conky and cairo-dock (even deleted them) they are showing again and again (cairo-dock with popup window, as by the first start up). So i have multiple instances of conky and cairo-dock running.

So, it looks, like xubuntu has memorized initial running/startup of conky and cairo-dock, and it starts it again and again after reboot.

I want only to have my startup disk in sessions.

Any clue on this?

vickoxy
February 9th, 2010, 10:48 PM
.xsession-errors are really showing conky and cairo-dock starting with multiple errors although they are disabled in startup.

vickoxy
February 9th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I reinstalled cairo-dock and conky, but the behaviour is exactly the same-as initial cairo-dock startup with the opengl window pop up really deep in xfce session memorized is.
Is there any .sh startup file/script where can i check if it maybe stays cairo-dock or conky?

vickoxy
February 10th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Workaround: i changed my startup script:

#!/bin/sh
sleep 1 && killall cairo-dock
xrandr --output LVDS1 --off --output VGA1 --mode 1366x768 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal
conky &
sleep 5 && cairo-dock -c

Now i killed that initial cairo-dock start, and after screen switching i have no pop up window.

Still, this is only workaround-and i have no idea why i can not kill that cairo-dock at start?

vickoxy
February 11th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Before reboot needed to kill cairo-dock and conky, then to save session. After that i add to startup my script, and now everything works just fine.