PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How can I change Ubuntu Studio 9.10 menu layout to regular Ubuntu style?

mpemburn
February 9th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Hi,

It is a minor thing but it's been bugging me: I prefer the menu layout that has the "Application", "Places" and "System" across the top vs. the single menu with just the Ubuntu logo showing.

When I built my Ubuntu system, I installed regular Ubuntu 9.10 and later upgraded to Ubuntu Studio. Now, all of the original users have the 'normal' menu layout and all subsequently created users have the 'studio' layout. I've searched around trying to find out where the menu files are stored so that I could just copy the layout from one user to the other but I've come up dry on the subject. What do y'all suggest?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

mister_playboy
February 10th, 2010, 10:14 AM
If you right click on the panel and pick "Add to Panel" you can search for the "Menu Bar"... this is the Apps/Places/System menu. Just delete the "Main Menu" Studio uses in the panel and replace it with Menu Bar.

mpemburn
February 10th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Excellent! Exactly what I wanted! Thanks much, mister_playboy.

It was a matter of understanding what "Panels" actually are -- places to put various tools, of which the menu is just one.

-- Mark