PDA

View Full Version : Game genre?

Cabs21
February 9th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Please take the poll and answer the remaining question.

Of your answer in the poll what was the first game from that genre that you played and the most recent.

Example
I love FPSs always have always will. Doom was my first FPS and Modern Warfare 2 was my recent.

Arthur_D
February 9th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Other: Racing.
Dunno what the first one was, but it might be either Lotus III, Street Rod (aka Hot Rod) II or Monster Truck Madness I Trial. :p

madnessjack
February 9th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Doom

Jus' doom.

(Went through the Shareware in Dosbox over the weekend, so yeah, last thing I played too)

juancarlospaco
February 9th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Other: Hybrid like Savage XR kinda mixed FPS and RTS.

JDShu
February 9th, 2010, 06:12 PM
RTS: Warcraft 2 was the first, most recently played Starcraft, although the newest game I have ever played is Command and Conquer 3.

NCLI
February 9th, 2010, 06:35 PM
RPGs, the Japanese ones.

But generally, I like individual series' more than genres, so while I love MGS, DOOM(1&2) & KILLZONE, I detest Halo and Gears of War. I also love the Command & Conquer series, but I dislike Starcraft.

I think trying to name ones favourite genres is very shallow.

sudoer541
February 9th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I am a huge fan of super mario, zelda and bomberman.

lovinglinux
February 9th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I like FPS. The only game I ever played for more than a couple of hours (actually I have played regularly for about a year) was America's Army. Stopped playing it since I switched to Linux, although I have tried a few rounds of the new version on Windows 7.

Zoot7
February 9th, 2010, 08:27 PM
RTS, RPG and FPS tend to be the ones I go for most.

SuperSonic4
February 9th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Platformers. Largely Sonic

koleoptero
February 9th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I just love role playing, you know, especially with naughty teachers.

Oh wait...

Tristam Green
February 9th, 2010, 09:03 PM
RPGs, MMOs, FPSs, and RTSs are my COT(cups of tea).

blueshiftoverwatch
February 9th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Normally my favorite genre is first person shooters. But I like other genre's if they're done well. For example, point-and-click adventures like Day of the Tentacle, platformers like Psychonauts, and RPG's like Oblivion.

mushwars
February 9th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Role Playing: Your Vote

:p