PDA

View Full Version : Can one remove the protective plastic of AA rechargeable batteries around?

frenchn00b
February 9th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Hello,

My AA batteries rechargeable are too thick compared to normal batteries non rechargeable.

Can I remove the protective plastic of AA rechargeable batteries around?
Is it dangerous?

Cheers

NovaAesa
February 9th, 2010, 07:57 AM
I would advise against it... maybe buy AA rechargeable batteries that meet the standards for AA, i.e. "15D by current ANSI standard C18.1, E91 by DIN and AM3 by JIS. The IEC designated it as R6" (from wikipedia).

azkehmm
February 9th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Don't know how it works with rechargeable batteries, but with ordinary alkaline batteries, there's no problem in removing the plastic coating. You might want to check if there's a reason it's a lot thinker, though.

frenchn00b
February 10th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Don't know how it works with rechargeable batteries, but with ordinary alkaline batteries, there's no problem in removing the plastic coating. You might want to check if there's a reason it's a lot thinker, though.

the varta ones have the largest diameter. I was thinking to find a list of diameter of all batteries, on the available market, but this is very difficult to find. Varta are too big, it is crazy that they produce so large diameter. Well, I think by photography for professional they might now ... but like always. this is things of experts, and not easy to find.

The Real Dave
February 10th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Hello,

My AA batteries rechargeable are too thick compared to normal batteries non rechargeable.

Can I remove the protective plastic of AA rechargeable batteries around?
Is it dangerous?

Cheers

I dunno really about AA's but if you peel back the top of a 9V (the little square ones) you can remove the cells and make a little secret safe :)