PDA

View Full Version : Linus finally found a phone he's happy with.

undecim
February 8th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I followed the links from Slashdot to Washington Post, but I'll just post the link to Linus' here: http://torvalds-family.blogspot.com/2010/02/happy-camper.html

It must be awesome to have a phone that runs code you've written for computers. I guess it's no surprise that it actually does all he wants it to.

Icehuck
February 8th, 2010, 06:07 PM
The idiots are already complaining on his blog that he isn't running a N900. He isn't using any gnu on his phone, oh noes!

PartisanEntity
February 8th, 2010, 06:07 PM
For the past year and a half I have been using a jailbroken iPhone. I am happy with it for the most part, but I feel that the closed nature of the device and the limitations set in place by Apple really cripple the device and rob it of potential.

For a while there were rumors that some members from the Dev Team were working on porting a version of Linux to run on the iPhone, I was really excited about that, but that project hasn't seen any updates in months and seems to have died.

So, since Google has entered the smartphone business with Linux based operating systems, and since I assume their phones will get better and better, I would definately be interested in a Nexus "Two" once something like that becomes available.

p.s. The N900 was mentioned, I would be really interested in it too, but according to certain rumours Nokia may be bowing out of the smartphone business, if that's true it would be a shame since the videos I have seen of the N900 in action have been quite amazing.

HappinessNow
February 8th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Linus + Google = Nexus One
...now if only I can find a phone that I am happy with. :p

Anxiously awaiting the release of Nexus Six.

mamamia88
February 8th, 2010, 07:23 PM
the fin didn't get a nokia phone?

RaZe42
February 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM

Heresy!

jomiolto
February 8th, 2010, 09:58 PM

Oy! We're not fish limbs ;)