PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] KDE Start Menu

poision_heart
February 8th, 2010, 12:22 PM
hi

how can i get start menu of KDE like mandriva 2010? and also please tell me how to change KDE menu button pic?(screenshot attached) please reply...

lovinglinux
February 8th, 2010, 01:10 PM
To make it like the Mandriva menu, right-click on the menu launcher and select the option "Switch to Classic Menu Style".

To edit the launcher icon, right-click on it and select the option "Application Launcher Settings", then click the Icon option in the editor dialog.

Zorael
February 8th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Depending on what version of Plasma this is, it could have been broken out into its own widget. This is at least the case in 4.4.

So to add it, unlock widgets, click the panel cashew, hit Add Widgets, then find Application Launcher Menu and double-click it. Drag it to where you want it, and le done™.

lovinglinux
February 8th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Depending on what version of Plasma this is, it could have been broken out into its own widget. This is at least the case in 4.4.

So to add it, unlock widgets, click the panel cashew, hit Add Widgets, then find Application Launcher Menu and double-click it. Drag it to where you want it, and le done™.

On KDE 4.3 it is also a separate widget, but you can easily switch to it the way I have described or add it manually as you suggested. Can you still do that on KDE 4.4?

Zorael
February 8th, 2010, 05:40 PM
On KDE 4.3 it is also a separate widget, but you can easily switch to it the way I have described or add it manually as you suggested. Can you still do that on KDE 4.4?
Looking at it closer, it is possible if (and only if) widgets are unlocked. So yes, scratch my earlier post - they were locked (and thus the option hidden) when I tried it earlier. Makes sense.

poision_heart
February 9th, 2010, 05:16 AM
hi lovinglinux and Zorael

thnx for info..
actually i am not new to linux but i never ever used kde.i was using ubuntu with gnome,this time i thought to give a try to kubuntu...i m using 9.10 with kde 4.3 its working there.thnx to u both.