PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Emerald Problem

maddy_in65
February 8th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I have tried to add "emerald --replace" in startup application but it is not every time when i startup system again. I have to run the command again. How do i run it at startup.

lovinglinux
February 8th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Open "System >> Preferences >> Startup Applications" and add "emerald --replace" command to the list.

mcduck
February 8th, 2010, 08:00 AM
The best way is to sdirectly tell Compiz to sue Emerald as it's window decorator. Just install CompiCOnfig Settings Manager (if you ahven't already don that), then go to Window Decorations -plugin and change the "Command"-field to "/usr/bin/emerald".

This way you'll be loading Ememrald in the firat place, instead of first loading soem other window decorator and then replacing that with Emerald (like you do if you just add "emerald --replace" to your startup commands).

lovinglinux
February 8th, 2010, 09:20 AM
The best way is to sdirectly tell Compiz to sue Emerald as it's window decorator. Just install CompiCOnfig Settings Manager (if you ahven't already don that), then go to Window Decorations -plugin and change the "Command"-field to "/usr/bin/emerald".

This way you'll be loading Ememrald in the firat place, instead of first loading soem other window decorator and then replacing that with Emerald (like you do if you just add "emerald --replace" to your startup commands).

Yep, that's a better way. I forgot about it, since I don't change my Compiz settings for months. In fact I use that too.