PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome beta - experience?

biomedtech
February 8th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Was wondering how other google-chrome users were getting along with this browser?

I've only used it for one hour, and have found it generally to be quicker to load pages on my Eee PC 901. The only issue I have run into is that Hulu crashed for lack of a plug-in. Both Facebook and Youtube are running fine.

cariboo
February 9th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Moved to the Cafe.

steveneddy
February 9th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I like it.

Sometimes Flash is weird, but other than that it is my browser of choice.

lrcaballero
February 9th, 2010, 06:12 AM
It has worked for me perfectly, it is faster than Firefox and Opera, although sometimes you can't replay the videos on youtube and videos will not autorepeat on internet.

Luis

RiceMonster
February 9th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Works great.

abhiroopb
February 9th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I was using chromium-browser (dev version of google-chrome) for a long time. I then switched the google-chrome when it came out. However, I liked how there were frequent updates to chromium-browser (and bug fixes) so I moved back.

It is MUCH faster than firefox. However, I have a lot of problems with it. For example, if I open up gReader and proceed to open 10 websites chromium will become VERY slow and pretty much unusable. I will have to wait about 5 minutes until all 10-15 pages load and I can browse through them. Even then some of the pages may still be slow.

Not sure why this is :(

Kenny_Strawn
February 9th, 2010, 06:49 AM
I have not only tested Linux's Chrome browser, but I also tested Chromium OS as well. The OS has much better Flash performance, and also is very much like Ubuntu (at least its terminal is).

LightB
February 9th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Works better with java than any other browser I've seen. That's the best thing about it I've seen.

arnab_das
February 9th, 2010, 07:00 AM
chrome works perfectly, well most of the time. flash screws up sometimes. other times, facebook messes up. eg. i cant edit my profile from chrome. simply coz the edit profile button wont work on chrome.

other than that, blazing fast (as expected).

Letian
February 9th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I like it. i find it faster than the other browsers. the only reservation i had with it earlier was the lack of plugins but now there are very many helpful ones.
although flash plugin has crashed several times and had trouble listening to music on grooveshark