PDA

View Full Version : The terminator films

JoeWheeler
February 8th, 2010, 02:05 AM
I watched terminator 4 the other day, the film was full of massive plotholes (like how skynet didn't just kill kyle reese)

It seems many of these plotholes can be covered up by just introducing a multiple timelines style universe, in which case their's no point in skynet sending terminators back as it's not going to help its own existence

Anyway just wanted to hear what you guys thought of the films

Hwt
February 8th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I liked them. I even named my router "Skynet".

I just like seeing "Skynet: Connection Established" when I log in. I'm a nerd. :lol:

cguy
February 8th, 2010, 02:17 AM
The series has some pretty badass scenes which makes it really cool, regardless of the logical flaws. :)

szymon_g
February 8th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Personally- i like only 1st and 2nd part. 3rd was watchable- but only once. 4th is just a waste of time for me.
Have you seen 'the sarah connor chronicles'? not so bad (thou not as good as long-time movies), quite enjoyable. terminatrix (or terminatrice, whatever you prefer) is nice ;)

JoeWheeler
February 8th, 2010, 02:24 AM

I just like seeing "Skynet: Connection Established" when I log in. I'm a nerd. :lol:

Haha, great idea! Apparently theirs a comms company called skynet :S

Personally- i like only 1st and 2nd part. 3rd was watchable- but only once. 4th is just a waste of time for me.
Have you seen 'the sarah connor chronicles'? not so bad (thou not as good as long-time movies), quite enjoyable. terminatrix (or terminatrice, whatever you prefer) is nice ;)
No I haven't seen the series, keep meaning to buy the dvd, but yeah 4 really let me down, I don't think anything'll ever live up to T-2. Best. ending scene. ever.

"I know now why you cry, but it is something I can never do" :popcorn:

LightB
February 8th, 2010, 02:37 AM
I liked the 4th one once around. Saw it at the bargain theaters on a bored day. Didn't hate the first two but just liked them a little bit as a kid, especially 2. I remember they made a huge deal about the special effects back then. As to why they didn't kill kyle reese, maybe skynet wasn't that smart.

Regenweald
February 8th, 2010, 02:47 AM
If you think too much about it, from the word go, Terminator makes absolutely no sense. Ignore the time travel, A robot capable of generating thousands of pounds per square inch has problems killing people. It's logic dictates that it toss them around for a bit, all the while giving them ample opportunity to escape ;) The first and last were entertaining at least.

LightB
February 8th, 2010, 02:52 AM
If you think too much about it, from the word go, Terminator makes absolutely no sense. Ignore the time travel, A robot capable of generating thousands of pounds per square inch has problems killing people. It's logic dictates that it toss them around for a bit, all the while giving them ample opportunity to escape ;) The first and last were entertaining at least.

no, it used guns. where did it have trouble killing people? not until the end when it got blown up, burned, blown up again, then crushed with a giant presser. and only one survivor.

Paqman
February 8th, 2010, 03:07 AM
The first one is excellent. The second is ok, but a little cheesy and reliant on big stunts. Three and four are complete bilge.

chris200x9
February 8th, 2010, 03:16 AM
most logically sound movie I have ever seen, true story.

Regenweald
February 8th, 2010, 04:02 AM
no, it used guns. where did it have trouble killing people? not until the end when it got blown up, burned, blown up again, then crushed with a giant presser. and only one survivor.

numkay, seems i hit a nerve ;)

LightB
February 8th, 2010, 04:16 AM
numkay, seems i hit a nerve ;)

no, I think that was irony you hit.:popcorn:

rob22941
February 8th, 2010, 05:31 AM

I like it haha.

Roasted
February 8th, 2010, 05:36 AM
1 - awesome.
2 - awesome.
3 - meh.
4 - rofl.

I vote James Cameron come back to doing Terminator films and redo 3 and 4, since they were failures.