PDA

View Full Version : battery manager

CROLMAC
February 7th, 2010, 10:45 PM
I have a eeepc 701 4gb, have installed nbr 9.10 and have a problem with my battery manager(I guess): when I am on battery use, I am warned after about 1 hour ( it varies)that my battery is empty (The message is nonsensical in terms of percentage and time left, plus it always considers my battery faulty )and shuts down or suspends, depending on my settings, the pc. If I start it immediately, there is no problem for another hour, until the battery is really empty. Any idea what is happening and if there is anything ai can do? I had easypeasy 1.5 before and had no problem with the battery, but had a worse problem with xandros, where I thought that I would have to change the battery. noobie alert!take care and thanks for reading

CROLMAC
February 11th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Just wanted to update m post by saying that we fiddlede with the power manager and uncheked the hard disk spin down box and to hibernate when on battery and the charge estimated to be too low, so after an hour it hibernates, I wake it up and get another houe or so of battery. Is it therefore software or hardware?.I must inform whomever does me the curtesy to answer that this problem happened after an update proposed by the update manager, ut I couldn't tell you what was updated. Take care