PDA

View Full Version : Are you owned by one or more dogs?

Hwæt
February 7th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Sometimes I really think that my dogs own me, rather than the other way around. Anyways, how many dogs do y'all have?

purgatori
February 7th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Nope, I belong to a cat, but I have belonged to several dogs in the past.

cguy
February 7th, 2010, 07:11 PM
No.

Hwæt, I'm stealing you signature, you know? :D

cguy
February 7th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Thank you for the sig. :D vvv

Hwæt
February 7th, 2010, 07:15 PM
No.

Hwæt, I'm stealing you signature, you know? :D

If you think it's funny and you like it, go for it. Public forum data is released under the CC-BY-SA, so I don't really have the ability nor cause to stop you. ;)

In my opinion, one smile on someone's face from a joke is priceless.

Kevbert
February 7th, 2010, 07:24 PM
No, my cat wouldn't allow it.

oldos2er
February 7th, 2010, 08:04 PM
I voted "zoo". Two cats and two dogs.

blur xc
February 7th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I have a dog but voted no anyway. She doesn't own me- she knows I'm the master, I and work hard letter her know that's she's the lowest on the totem pole in our family. When I come home and she greets me at the door, I snub her and go greet my wife and all my kids first. Then she gets attention. And after that, she only gets my affection after she obeys my commands (sit, down, etc...). When we eat, she only gets scraps after we all finish eating, when we walk through a door, I go through first...

It's imperative, imo, especially with strong willed dogs (like our husky) that they KNOW their place when you have young children. We made that mistake with our last dogs, and when our first child was born our female (the dominant one) lunged at him, and that day they both were taken to the pound, and put into an adoption program.

BM

kerry_s
February 7th, 2010, 08:48 PM
i've always had 2 or more dogs. currently have 2, 1 boy & 1 girl, mother & son. mother is a terrier about 15 years old, don't know how much longer she'll last. son(4 years) is a mix, father was pitbull/retriever, he has the looks of a small pitbull but longer nose. there was only 2 babys in my girls last litter, so i gave his sister away, kept the boy cause he's more loyal, he's always setting right next to me no matter where i am in the house, even when i'm in the bathroom or shower, he has to come in & wait. :lolflag:

kellemes
February 7th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Owned by 3 cats and 2 rabbits.

Kenny_Strawn
February 7th, 2010, 08:53 PM
What do you mean "owned by dogs"? What a fallacy! The real question is "do you own dogs".

lovinglinux
February 7th, 2010, 09:16 PM
The population of dogs here just increased by one today. There was an abandoned Labrador Retriever in front of our house since yesterday. As usual, we couldn't let her in that situation, so we let her come in to join the other 6 adopted dogs we already have. We also have an adopted cat. I promised myself I wouldn't do it again, but is hard to ignore a hungry dog.

So I guess they own us.

Post Monkeh
February 7th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I have a dog but voted no anyway. She doesn't own me- she knows I'm the master, I and work hard letter her know that's she's the lowest on the totem pole in our family. When I come home and she greets me at the door, I snub her and go greet my wife and all my kids first. Then she gets attention. And after that, she only gets my affection after she obeys my commands (sit, down, etc...). When we eat, she only gets scraps after we all finish eating, when we walk through a door, I go through first...

It's imperative, imo, especially with strong willed dogs (like our husky) that they KNOW their place when you have young children. We made that mistake with our last dogs, and when our first child was born our female (the dominant one) lunged at him, and that day they both were taken to the pound, and put into an adoption program.

BM
what he said.

my folks have a staffordshire bull terrier, who is very well behaved for me because i always made sure to let him know he wouldn't get the better of me. my dad, on the other hand, isn't dominant enough and the dog frequently disobeys him. my mum is getting better and reko is very obedient when she tells him what to do now.
it's very important to always be consistent with your mutts. never allow them to get the upper hand. my dad seemed to have the idea that treating the dog with love will make it be happier. it won't. treating a dog in a way that will lead to it being well behaved will lead to its masters being happy with it which in turn will lead to a dog that is always eager to please, and always happy because he is always worthy of lots of praise.

my fiance's folks have a west highland terrier. her mum is very much the master there, holly doesn't always like listening to men, and she has a real problem with barking at animals on tv. she was never told off for it when she was a pup because everyone thought it was hilarious (i wasn't around then or i'd have been mr nasty :p). she is fairly well behaved though, although she does beg at the table when certain people are there who drop her scraps. she never goes near my fiance's mum though because she knows she'll get told off.

Hwæt
February 8th, 2010, 01:32 AM
What do you mean "owned by dogs"? What a fallacy! The real question is "do you own dogs".

They get free food, time to run around and play outside every few hours, and a nice comfy bed to sleep on during the day. They also have 24/hour access to water, get pet and scratched everyday, get tons of attention, and don't work. Look at who really owns who in this situation.

Trust me, I'm a wannabe linguist. I wouldn't let such a mistake slide without catching it. :popcorn:

helliewm
February 8th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I am owned by a German Shepherd, Doberman and 5 cats all rescues, strays that found me.

Helen

Viva
February 8th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I don't like dogs. They are ugly beasts.

madnessjack
February 8th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I'd let a dog own me if it cleaned up my shht every time I went for a walk