PDA

View Full Version : [other] Xubuntu Netbook Remix?

Julita
February 7th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Hi! I would like to know if there are any rumors whether such edition can ever exist? I love xfce, and, as much as I like other DEs, I still do not lose hope that my unr-dream will come true :idea: I don't want to use desktop version on my netbook, that is why I keep telling myself that my expectations are not in vain ;)

llawwehttam
February 7th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I really doubt that will ever happen. You may as well just install the ubuntu desktop remix then use the command:

sudo apt-get purge ubuntu-desktop ; sudo apt-get autoremove ; sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop

e-Gee
February 7th, 2010, 03:04 PM
you have kuki linux it is xfce ubuntu based distro for netbooks

Julita
February 7th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, but I like UNR precisely because of the unique style; kuki is great, but I genuinely like the "absence" of desktop... I was thinking about xfce because there is, after all, KDE version, so why not "adjust" the remaining supported DE?

tonytraductor
July 15th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Any idea how this kuki works with other hardware?
I have an everex cloudbook.
I detest the unr interface.
Attempts at installing xfce in 10.04 have proven disastrous (worked okay in 9.10, though).

Perhaps I should also consider #!

tonytraductor
July 15th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Oh, I ask about the kuki/hardware issue, because, apparently is it specifically designed for the Acer Aspire One.
One must wonder if they may have stripped out drivers and stuff that might be needed for other hardware (like my everex cloudbook).

Julita
July 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Hi! Your netbook has VIA processor, and kuki, Meego etc. support Atom processor. gOS comes pre-installed on your netbook, so do you have any complaints about it? I have tried literally all known OS for netbooks, and to freshen up the looks I chose Meego. It was really cool!

sgtslwilson
August 19th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I was searching the forum for this very exact thing. I started Linux with my Acer Aspire one Linpus Lite and I have really grown to love XFCE.

I also love the layout of the Netbook Remix of regular Ubuntu. I think a perfect Distro for me would be the Netbook Remix layout using XFCE and all of the programs that I've become accustomed to.

Is there any way to do this? Any hope for us? You see, I now own an Asus Eee PC and Linpus Lite doesn't work on it.

What do you guys think?