PDA

View Full Version : Aw, Snap! (Google Chrome)

Uncle Spellbinder
February 7th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Anyone having the Aw, Snap! issue in Chromium when trying to get to Yahoo! Mail? Any way around it?

Bachstelze
February 7th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Google browser not letting you use Yahoo mail? Must be a coincidence...

Uncle Spellbinder
February 7th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Google browser not letting you use Yahoo mail? Must be a coincidence...
:D

I thought about that, too. Hopefully it's not the case. But if that really is the case, then Chrome/Chromium can **** off.

Mr. Picklesworth
February 7th, 2010, 02:16 AM
I take it you're running the Chromium daily build?
It's unstable that way.

Uncle Spellbinder
February 7th, 2010, 02:20 AM
I take it you're running the Chromium daily build?
It's unstable that way.

Yes, I am. I figured as much. Just thought there may be a work-around. Suppose I'll just install the stable .deb from here (http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk-gen&utm_medium=ha)

pwnst*r
February 7th, 2010, 02:25 AM
:D

I thought about that, too. Hopefully it's not the case. But if that really is the case, then Chrome/Chromium can **** off.

Give me a break.

OP, I got on both of my accounts just fine on two different machines.

giarca
February 7th, 2010, 02:28 AM
You can try using the chromium-daily beta or dev ppa to have a version pheraps more stable (not a nighlty build for instance).

Remove your old repository and pick one of these:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:chromium-daily/beta

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:chromium-daily/dev

Uncle Spellbinder
February 7th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Give me a break.

OP, I got on both of my accounts just fine on two different machines.

Umm. Not here. 2 Yahoo accounts. 2 machines (1 desktop, 1 laptop), both running Karmic with the daily build PPA.

So no. YOU give ME break.

pwnst*r
February 7th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Umm. Not here. 2 Yahoo accounts. 2 machines (1 desktop, 1 laptop), both running Karmic with the daily build PPA.

So no. YOU give ME break.

For you to write off chrome because of THAT on YOUR system is ridiculous. You know the risks of running the daily build. Think about it.

Kenny_Strawn
February 7th, 2010, 02:33 AM
For the record: A Gmail account is REQUIRED for Chrome OS. If you don't have Gmail, you can't log in.

I wonder if this has been ported to standard Chromium. If this is the case, it's Google you have to blame.

pwnst*r
February 7th, 2010, 02:34 AM
For the record: A Gmail account is REQUIRED for Chrome OS. If you don't have Gmail, you can't log in.

I wonder if this has been ported to standard Chromium. If this is the case, it's Google you have to blame.

Lol, Sharon, you're so cute.

Uncle Spellbinder
February 7th, 2010, 02:37 AM
For you to write off chrome because of THAT on YOUR system is ridiculous. You know the risks of running the daily build. Think about it.

Never said I was writing them off. That was you're own inference. I'm an alpha/beta tester at heart. From Ubuntu to Windows, Firefox to Opera. I thought I'd give Chromium a shot. The "**** off" statement was more in frustration than anything else. Not a Google fan at all. Just thought it was time to test it out, thought a work-around was afoot. I'm happy to downgrade to the beta. Liked what I saw with Chromium.

nothingspecial
February 7th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Liked what I saw with Chromium.

I didn`t.

pwnst*r
February 7th, 2010, 02:44 AM
I didn`t.

Nothing special.

nothingspecial
February 7th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Nothing special.

Exactly :D

Uncle Spellbinder
February 7th, 2010, 02:48 AM
I didn`t.

It's a mixed bag. I liked the overall feel, the speed was great. I'm still a Firefox user at heart. But Chrome/Chromium has a shot at becoming my 2nd browser of choice.

LightB
February 7th, 2010, 03:03 AM
chrome has been the first browser I've seen handle java applets properly.

nothingspecial
February 7th, 2010, 03:04 AM
It`s fast-----sometimes.

When it is fast it`s loads better than firefox, but it freezes too much for me.

and I don`t like google, just like I do like Hawkwind and a certain brown spread made from the residuals of beer, but don`t like cola cubes.

That`s it.

However there is a certain music player (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8772188&postcount=1) that I really like ---- alot.

And that is where my interest in opensource stuff is at the moment.

Uncle Spellbinder
February 7th, 2010, 03:08 AM
...However there is a certain music player (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8772188&postcount=1) that I really like ---- alot.

And that is where my interest in opensource stuff is at the moment.
As you well know, I'm wholeheartedly with you there. ;)

lovinglinux
February 7th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I'm going to do what some Chrome lovers do when someone asks for Firefox help....

...switch to Firefox, is way much better :)

cwalker1960
February 7th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I personally think it's a damn conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always thought that about the big G anyhow....probably backed by underground cuba or even maybe russia

linusr
February 16th, 2010, 04:26 AM
past one week too much of Aw, Snap! some thing wrong with latest beta & dev build.