PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Reinstall Gnome Screensaver

thegreatpenguin
February 6th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Anyone have the terminal command to reinstall gnome screensaver I accidentally deleted it thanks.

howefield
February 6th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Do you want to install the package gnome-screensaver ?

sudo apt-get install gnome-screensaver

thegreatpenguin
February 6th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Yea I was messing with xscreen saver and screwed it all up ill try that thank you.

thegreatpenguin
February 6th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Well I used the command it says it installed but I have no icon in preferences to access the screen savers I looked in main menu but its not there either any ideas thanks.

howefield
February 6th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Well I used the command it says it installed but I have no icon in preferences to access the screen savers I looked in main menu but its not there either any ideas thanks.

It may need a reboot to get the preferences icon to show in your menu. Or at the least a logout/back in of your session.

You could launch from terminal

gnome-screensaver-preferences

thegreatpenguin
February 6th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I did a reboot after the install all those years on windows lol it did not show in preferences I will just use that command to open it and call it good thanks for your help.:popcorn:

howefield
February 6th, 2010, 09:11 PM
If the icon hasn't appeared, you could also create an icon for it, using System > Preferences > Main Menu, then click Preferences in the left window pane, and then press the New Item button.