PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Facebook Uploader Firefox Addon

iamgeniusrnti
February 6th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Using Ubuntu Ultimate...

Addon works but the window is slipped at the bottom so I can't see the bottom half and wind up tabbing around and hitting enter in the dark.

I drag the window as high as possible. But it only goes so high and that's it. I tried unmaximizing and shrinking, no dice.

Solution should apply to anyone who can't see the bottom of a window--how do you fix?

nhasian
February 6th, 2010, 07:46 PM
can you take a screenshot so we can see what your looking at?

also remember [TAB] switches dialogue box choices and [enter] confirms the selection. so even if you cant see the bottom of the screen you can press tab to get there and enter to say ok or cancel.

halitech
February 6th, 2010, 08:59 PM
whats your screen resolution set to? sounds like you might be running 800x600

iamgeniusrnti
February 7th, 2010, 02:05 AM
can you take a screenshot so we can see what your looking at?

also remember [TAB] switches dialogue box choices and [enter] confirms the selection. so even if you cant see the bottom of the screen you can press tab to get there and enter to say ok or cancel.

I know about the alt tab and tab. That is how I got it to work but it still bugs me I can't see the buttons; plus I have to remember it hits cancel before submit.

Attached it the screen shot.

You know what, I didn't think about the screen res, you may be right about that--let me check... I will have to poke around; I don't remember how to find out LOL!

iamgeniusrnti
February 7th, 2010, 02:11 AM
whats your screen resolution set to? sounds like you might be running 800x600

1220x600 wide screen. I am running it on a Acer one Netbook. It's the highest resolution UE is offering.

halitech
February 7th, 2010, 02:31 PM
some windows are designed so you can't resize them and if it is bigger then 600 high, don't think there is much you are going to be able to do to see the entire window

chewearn
February 7th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Use Alt+LeftMouseButton to grab any part of a window for moving.

halitech
February 7th, 2010, 02:58 PM
actually, just thought of this, you can right click the title bar and select move. then use the arrow keys to move it up so you can see the rest of the window. Doesn't help on resizing it but would allow you to see the cancel and okay buttons

lijky
June 7th, 2010, 02:47 AM
I have the