View Full Version : [ubuntu] cannot leave fullscreen on solitaire

February 6th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Hi, I'm running hardy heron on this computer, which is used primarily for internet access and solitaire. However, recently, aisleriot solitaire has been stuck in fullscreen mode. The leave fullscreen button doesnt work, along with f11, so the only way to close it is to right clickon the bottom of the screen and hit close.

How can I make the leave fullscreen button work?

August 9th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I've just come across this same problem. I'm assuming I hit some weird button while I was asleep. Running Ubuntu 9.04.

August 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I'm running 9.10 i suggest you access the preferences and try to change the full screen settings. It could be that f11 isnt set to toggle full-screen.

August 9th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I went to all the settings, did some other things suggested from other threads and nothing worked.

I did, however, just fix it. Basically it's set to start at the last screen size it was when it was closed. So you have to close it when it's not full screen. If you time it exactly right, press F11 to attempt to leave full screen, which it will do for a split second. During that split second it is not full screen, quickly do the ctrl+w to close the program. If you managed to close it while it was out of full screen, it will reopen resized.