PDA

View Full Version : Would you watch?

kevin11951
February 6th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I and a few friends were thinking about starting a "movie" series...

Basically, each of our episode which will be released monthly or so, will have no story line arch. Each episode will be a self contained "movie" about 30 minutes long. Each episode will have the same cast and crew, but they will play a different character each time, and again, no continuity between them. One episode could be a horror, and the next a comedy, and the next a scifi (I for-see LOTS of scifi ;)).

Now, I am a big fan of Linux, so if I do this, not only will the whole thing be produced from start to finish on a Linux computer (most likely Ubuntu Studio), but it will most likely feature Linux both in the writing and on the computer screens if shown.

Lightstar
February 6th, 2010, 09:23 AM
I enjoy those shows without continuity. While you can't develop as much plots and twists, it's very nice for those who miss episodes. Though when it comes to internet-broadcast shows, missing an episode is irrelevant.

Hard to tell if I would watch them all or not, it highly depends on the acting skills, but I would surely give support, and the use of linux is a big plus.

SemiBuz
February 6th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Not if one would come out once in a month - if you guys can handle once in a week, go ahead.

kevin11951
February 6th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Not if one would come out once in a month - if you guys can handle once in a week, go ahead.

You want a small group of 5 people to write, record, edit, and publish a 30 minute episode once a week?

kevin11951
February 6th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I enjoy those shows without continuity. While you can't develop as much plots and twists, it's very nice for those who miss episodes. Though when it comes to internet-broadcast shows, missing an episode is irrelevant.

Hard to tell if I would watch them all or not, it highly depends on the acting skills, but I would surely give support, and the use of linux is a big plus.

<sarcasm> Of course ACTING! I knew I was forgetting something! </sarcasm>

;)

SemiBuz
February 6th, 2010, 11:26 AM
You want a small group of 5 people to write, record, edit, and publish a 30 minute episode once a week?

I understand that it's quite impossible but that's the way it is .. I can't imagine myself waiting a month till the next episode. Anyway, good luck ;)

kevin11951
February 7th, 2010, 02:53 AM
I understand that it's quite impossible but that's the way it is .. I can't imagine myself waiting a month till the next episode. Anyway, good luck ;)

Like i said, there is no continuity. The episodes don't tie together, that aren't even about the same thing or have the same characters. One could be about zombies, while the next one is about a space exploration to mars with aliens. Essentially, each one is a 30 minute mini movie released once a month. and two parters are like whole movies.

sailthesea
February 7th, 2010, 03:04 AM
If you upload it, they will watch;)

phillychease
February 7th, 2010, 03:11 AM
If you upload it, they will watch;)

thats right!

Bachstelze
February 7th, 2010, 03:11 AM
(I for-see LOTS of scifi ;)).

Nothx.

chris200x9
February 7th, 2010, 04:16 AM
I would watch maybe, if they are not flash. No flash player :P but yea that sounds like a good idea!

sideaway
February 7th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Ignore Bachstelze he/she can be quite negative at times.

Depending entirely on the acting skill, I would watch :)

Warpnow
February 7th, 2010, 06:42 AM
The general rule I followed when producing films was that a minute of film usually takes about an hour to write, film, and edit. So a 30 minute movie should take 30 hours, at the speed we were working at.

One a week would likely only work if you had someone working full time. One a month is very reasonable.

I assume you have experience with film? If they were produced at a high standard I'd watch them. My only advice is to shoot early. ;)

The best videos I made I spent less time planning, and alot more time editting. An hour in the editting room does so much more than an hour at the drawing board.

kevin11951
February 7th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I would watch maybe, if they are not flash. No flash player :P but yea that sounds like a good idea!

What if it is flash on the site, but you can download it as .ogv