PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Tethering iPhone to ubuntu 9.04

crowdedelevator
February 6th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Anyone know how to tether an unlocked 2g tmobile iPhone to 9.04?

I'm a noob but if I could get help I'd appreciate

crowdedelevator
February 6th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Not to mention I have no ethernet cableor wireless card anymore

crowdedelevator
February 6th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Anyone?

Tahakki
February 6th, 2010, 07:40 PM
I believe it's been done via Bluetooth using Blueman.

crowdedelevator
February 7th, 2010, 03:51 AM
I believe it's been done via Bluetooth using Blueman.
no Bluetooth in all laptops.
I'm speaking USB that way I don't spend money

samantha_
February 7th, 2010, 04:06 AM
no Bluetooth in all laptops.
I'm speaking USB that way I don't spend money
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1364032

crowdedelevator
February 7th, 2010, 06:39 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1364032

Jave my iPhone configured, but after that it's gibberish. In the synaptic third party software, I can't put that in, so I clicked on the link and put in the first one for jaunty. That worked I think but I don't have imternet to download anything to my laptop.

crowdedelevator
February 8th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Did as told and o can't get back into synaptic

crowdedelevator
February 8th, 2010, 04:30 AM
had to reinstall ubuntu again, but this link doesn't explain how to do it on 9.04 correctly. So please explain what to do step by step so I don't have to install all over again. It's frustrating

crowdedelevator
February 8th, 2010, 05:31 AM
I'm officially done with Linux. Thanks for the lack of help. Alot of people looked at the thread, but 2 people gave help

Tahakki
February 9th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Maybe that's because people didn't know?

crowdedelevator
February 10th, 2010, 12:05 AM
No. There are tons of videos for 9.10 and they say there's an easy way to do so on 9.04, but alas noone cares to explain. I heard that these forums were amaZing, but funny how people give the run around in all of my threads. Just because I don't understand doesn't mean you don't have to explain something in a forum when someone is learning. It's horrible on here.

baltadt
February 10th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Ok you want the answer. Here it is. First and most important thing is you need an internet connection. Then you have to download the app from the software sources. Then I think you have to download iTunes with WINE. If you want to make things easier you can just sell your iPhone and get a Linux phone and all is plug and play with those.

Now about the forums. I was once like you. Did not understand alot and what I did was buy an Ubuntu book from the bookstore and studied it until the binding fell apart. That would be a good idea for you.

crowdedelevator
February 10th, 2010, 02:32 AM
THanks. I couldn't even get anyone to tell me I needed internet. The one persons link said I didn't.

And I'd love to buy the book. But the cheapest one is a pocket guide for 45 at barnes and noble