PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] uploading to youtube using firefox

audit
February 6th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Has anyone had success uploading video to YouTube using Firefox. If you are able would you mind telling me what file format you are using?

Right now if I create a video (mpeg4,aac) and try to upload it I have no success; but a few months ago I did not seem to have any problems.

I have also tried to upload the video as (theora,vorbis).

One of the most frustrating things for me is if I take the same video and upload it through Firefox on my Windows operating system it works regardless of what format I choose.

Also would a different browser help?

switch10
February 6th, 2010, 02:22 AM
That is odd I've never had a problem. I use avi and ogv. Are you getting some kind of error?

audit
February 6th, 2010, 02:41 AM
No I don't get an error...I just give up after waiting an unreasonably long time, unreasonable based on a test I have done using the same video; on my Windows via Firefox I have been able to upload in 15 minutes compared to giving up after 2.5 hours using Ubuntu via Firefox.

Last summer using Ubuntu 9.04 and and an earlier version of Firefox I did not have so much difficulty, but even then it seemed as if using Windows via Firefox everything worked faster.

switch10
February 6th, 2010, 03:26 AM
yeah, it takes me around an hour to upload a HD .ogv video around 4 mins long. I haven't used Windows to upload a youtube video, so I never had anything to compare this to.

I have used both Firefox and Chrome. They both seem to take about the same amount of time.

audit
February 6th, 2010, 03:57 AM
I just installed the chromium web browser, and I really like it, but I am still unable to upload videos any faster.