PDA

View Full Version : Kubuntu OR Ubuntu.

ApocoLypTus
February 5th, 2010, 11:56 PM
I have a cd for Kubuntu and Ubuntu. I have tried Kubuntu but it is really buggy for me... Should i try it again or go with Ubuntu? Or is Ubuntu Buggier?

Tahakki
February 6th, 2010, 12:24 AM
I believe the newest version of KDE isn't as reliable as older ones. As it stands, Ubuntu has more active development.

themusicalduck
February 6th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Ubuntu is more stable than Kubuntu I think. It's a bit easier to use too if you're new to linux and Ubuntu in general.

ApocoLypTus
February 6th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Hey thanks for your replies. I have tried Kubuntu And it is really buggy. I have just installed Ubuntu and it is working pretty good. I am sorta new in Linux. (Old Windows User And Hates it) Windows is Ugly :) So i decided to switch to Linux. Kubuntu Gave me problems with Grub2, Desktop Environment, Desktop Effects, And other stuff.

Orion8
February 6th, 2010, 05:47 AM
An alternate opinion: I like gnome and "regular" Ubuntu a tad better when I have lot of work to do, but Kubuntu has gotten a whole lot less buggy recently with 9.10 and KDE 4.3. I have both Gnome and KDE desktops installed and enjoy both of them. I sometimes use Kubuntu for days and find it works just fine. Seriously -- I was way turned off a year ago by the buggieness of Kubuntu but things really seem to have settled down since then and KDE is growing on me!

Ms_Angel_D
February 6th, 2010, 05:49 AM
And On The flipside, I only use Kubuntu these days, I still like gnome, but Kubuntu is where it's at for me. I haven't had any issues with it that weren't of my own making. I keep hearing people say it's buggy but I've never experienced this.