PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! Spam Filters

Thelasko
February 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I've heard horror stories about Yahoo! blocking email from recruiters and corporate HR departments due to it's spam blocking policies. Has anyone else heard about this?

I've had a recruiter warn me about this, and he says I may be receiving job postings that are being blocked. I haven't noticed anything odd. I still get spam and bogus job offers in my inbox, but I have my spam controls set to the lowest possible setting.

Thanks,
Thelasko

tjwoosta
February 5th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Im pretty sure if you get the address that the mail will be coming from, you can add an accept rule to the filter.

OrangeCrate
February 5th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Or, just add the addresses to your Address Book.

Thelasko
February 5th, 2010, 07:50 PM
But what if you don't know the address? Say, you post a resume on Monster.com and someone tries to contact you?

NoaHall
February 5th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Don't use Yahoo. That's a good idea for many reasons, including this one(if it exists).

tjwoosta
February 5th, 2010, 07:57 PM
You could keep an eye on your spam folder? If its that big of a deal you could just disable the filter all together. I dont know what your looking for but theres really no way around this sort of problem.

OrangeCrate
February 5th, 2010, 08:02 PM
You could keep an eye on your spam folder? If its that big of a deal you could just disable the filter all together. I dont know what your looking for but theres really no way around this sort of problem.

+1

Checking spam folders occasionally, just to make sure emails you want don't slip through the cracks, is a good habit for anyone to get into.

Thelasko
February 5th, 2010, 10:08 PM

Yeah, as far as I know, the spam filter is disabled. I'm concerned because I have no idea what this person is talking about. It sounds like Yahoo! is silently deleting emails and never putting them into the spam folder.

I'm just trying to figure out if anybody has heard of this. Apparently Gmail doesn't have this issue.

chewearn
February 5th, 2010, 10:15 PM
I did have a problem with this. But it's the other way around, and with GMail instead of Yahoo. The company I sent my job application to block my mail, claiming I'm spamming them. I got auto-reply from the corporate server threatening me to desist, LOL.