PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem with full screen Ubuntu 9.10

verachion
February 5th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Hi, I have a problem when watching something on fullscreen, every now and then it will revert to the normal screen, does anyone have a fix for this issue?

mk1w86
February 5th, 2010, 07:01 PM
What program are you using? :-s

Cabs21
February 5th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I dont know what you mean by watching in full screen. what are you watching, movie, web browser, terminal? need more information to help.

verachion
February 6th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Sorry, I have just read your posts, I was away last night. Righty, sorry, I should have explained myself.

The problem:

When I play 4 on demand (a site that plays TV) I play the episodes on FULL SCREEN however, randomly it switches back to the normal size. I have tested it out on my media centre running windows and it doesn't switch back. it appears that something is conflicting with it in UBUNTU.

This is the site http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od

mk1w86
February 6th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I have actually had that problem with 4OD myself but it only happens a couple of times throughout a program so I have never looked for a fix for it. :-|

verachion
February 6th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I have actually had that problem with 4OD myself but it only happens a couple of times throughout a program so I have never looked for a fix for it. :-|

I don't know I think its something to do with the volume, when it goes from fullscreen to normal, the volume icon at the top right handside flashes up.

da burger
February 6th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I had a problem very similar to this myself. If your problem is the same as mine then the screen saver is causing it. I just turn mine off when watching iplayer or 4od.

verachion
February 6th, 2010, 09:40 PM
I had a problem very similar to this myself. If your problem is the same as mine then the screen saver is causing it. I just turn mine off when watching iplayer or 4od.

That was exactly what the problem is, jesus! why the hell didn't I think of that. I mean if that had been windows, it would of been the first thing I would have thought of. I am cracking up!

Thanks

da burger
February 6th, 2010, 09:42 PM
No problem. It's nice to be able to help people on here for once rather than just asking questions!