PDA

View Full Version : System76.com down?

user1397
February 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM
can anyone connect to it? I'm at the uni and I can't...

raffytaffy
February 5th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Same thing for me ( trying from home )

MasterNetra
February 5th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Same here, was working yesterday though.. Server might be down or they could be updating it. Guess we will know when it comes back online.

x33a
February 5th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Not even responding to ping:

$ ping -c 4 system76.com
PING system76.com (63.135.169.119) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- system76.com ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2999ms

Edit: just found this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1399130

samalex
February 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM
can anyone connect to it? I'm at the uni and I can't...

Thomas from System76 posted a sticky on their forum (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1399130) earlier saying the data center they use is having problems and it's down temporarily.

He said it should be back up in a day or two. From his post and others on the System76 forum, it looks like updates and everything from the System76 folks is down.

FYI --

Sam

user1397
February 5th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Ah, that sucks, was hoping to buy the netbook they offer today, guess I'll have to wait a couple of days.

samalex
February 5th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Ah, that sucks, was hoping to buy the netbook they offer today, guess I'll have to wait a couple of days.

You could also possibly order it old school over the phone if you know the specs you'd like - 888.468.6482 (from Google Cache).

Sam

user1397
February 5th, 2010, 05:27 PM
In the meantime could somebody that knows the default system specs/price of the system76 netbook post the information here? (just curious)

samalex
February 5th, 2010, 05:32 PM
In the meantime could somebody that knows the default system specs/price of the system76 netbook post the information here? (just curious)

Archive.org or Google Cache may have some info on the models, options, and prices, but I figured someone at System76 could give you these options over the phone or possibly fax you a copy. Not sure if they can do this, but it's worth asking if you're ready to order.

Sam

user1397
February 5th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Archive.org or Google Cache may have some info on the models, options, and prices, but I figured someone at System76 could give you these options over the phone or possibly fax you a copy. Not sure if they can do this, but it's worth asking if you're ready to order.

Sam
I called and surprisingly the rep said he couldn't give me any details without the website (all of their info is on the website but not written down somewhere?) and that the best thing I could do is wait for the site to come back up. Kinda disappointing but oh well.

samalex
February 5th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I called and surprisingly the rep said he couldn't give me any details without the website (all of their info is on the website but not written down somewhere?) and that the best thing I could do is wait for the site to come back up. Kinda disappointing but oh well.

Hmm, that is disappointing. Maybe they'll rethink some of their policies after this incident. Website downtime is inevitable with all websites, so I wonder why they don't have a plan for when it happens.

Sam

mickie.kext
February 5th, 2010, 09:35 PM
They will probably make plan now.