PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I have to say i am not terribly impressed with 9.04/9.10 with pppoeconf

aviramof
February 5th, 2010, 06:55 AM
i'm really not i had a small problem with 8.10 i tried to download and install ati drivers for linux version 8.10 it didn't worked maybe because my card is HD3650 512MB DDR2 AGP
and there is no agp hotfix for linux any way after installing it i was unable to enter ubuntu
i would hear the sound but get a black screen so i tried recovery mode managed to uninstall the driver from there and succueded but i was unable to activate visual effect again no matter what is did so i said let's upgrade to 9.04 and i did i let installer download
all 700mb and etc and the visual effect problem solved but no internet pppoeconf simply didn't worked i mean it worked but no internet connection maybe problems with my netwrok card drivers or something although it's a bit strange so i had a 9.10 cd here tried
to installed that formated the partition again converted it to ext4 but alles finished installing i get grub 1.5 error 15 and i'm like grub 1.5? i have formated the partition it should have installed grub 2.0 what's grub 1.5 still doing here and way i'v formated back to 8.10 and here i am again everything works fine.

let's put it this way i'm REALLLLLLLY HOPPING THAT NEXT VERSION WOULD BE MUCH BETTER!!! because i don't have the time messing arround with formats every other day
so PLEASEEEEE try to fix all the problems in the next version and thanks in advance.