PDA

View Full Version : red or blue

ubunterooster
February 5th, 2010, 03:31 AM
the red pill lets you see everything for what it is. the blue lets you see the world as you want.

NovaAesa
February 5th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Red of course. Also, Mirror's Edge made me go nuts every time I see red. I just want to run up/jump off/climb on everything red!

ubunterooster
February 5th, 2010, 03:53 AM
I choose other: one red AND one blue

Skripka
February 5th, 2010, 03:55 AM

http://s3.media.squarespace.com/production/465215/5432662/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/thebattle_zoom.png

chris200x9
February 5th, 2010, 04:01 AM
red definitively, seeing the world how you want but not having it be how you want can be seriously screwed up. Example: you see she loves you, but really your a ridiculous stalker.

JDShu
February 5th, 2010, 04:03 AM
red definitively, seeing the world how you want but not having it be how you want can be seriously screwed up. Example: you see she loves you, but really your a ridiculous stalker.

That is an awesome example.

simpleblue
February 5th, 2010, 04:31 AM
i voted other because i'm taking the entire bottle of blue pills all by myself.

and no, i'm NOT sharing! :P

Simon17
February 5th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Red, because Pokémon Red was blatantly better than Blue.

simpleblue
February 5th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Oh, here's a little video into the RED pill: www.themeatrix1.com/ (http://ubuntuforums.org/www.themeatrix1.com/)

alexfish
February 5th, 2010, 05:40 AM
the red pill lets you see everything for what it is. the blue lets you see the world as you want.

The question of which pill to take illustrates the personal aspect of the decision to study philosophy. Do you live on in ignorance (and potentially bliss) or do you lead what Aristotle called 'the examined life'...

The question then is not about pills, but what they stand for in these circumstances. The question is asking us whether reality, truth, is worth pursuing. The blue pill will leave us as we are, in a life consisting of habit, of things we believe we know. We are comfortable, we do not need truth to live. The blue pill symbolises commuting to work every day, or brushing your teeth.

cammin
February 5th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Take the blue pill, if you want to see the world for what it is, then you will.

Giant Speck
February 5th, 2010, 09:35 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/matrix_revisited.png

lisati
February 5th, 2010, 09:43 AM
:confused: Ten year anniversary? Do people need reminding that if you don't qualify the word with a unit of time an anniversary comes every year? D'oh!

The dentist gave me some red ones once, they helped; the blue pills are contraindicated..... :D

anaconda
February 5th, 2010, 10:11 AM

hey, but I would still be happy..

so definitely blue, or rather two blues....

jomiolto
February 5th, 2010, 10:29 AM
What happens if you have 'em both? Also, what does it mean "seeing the world as it is" and does it really matter? What if our lives are just very long dreams and nothing is really "real"? (It's a trippy experience to fall asleep in a dream and see another dream -- a dream inside of a dream -- but being suddenly jolted awake is confusing).

As long as you don't know about it, I don't think it really matters whether you're seeing something real or something that's "just" a figment of your own mind. The fact that it feels real to you is the thing that matters.

Hmm, no one's bothered to ask what the pills taste like? I'll take the one that tastes better :P

chucky chuckaluck
February 5th, 2010, 01:41 PM
two blues. i'm all about fooling myself. (i can drink with that, right?)

ETbluez
February 5th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Red+Blue=Purple
I'll take the purple pill

Sporkman
February 5th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Boxers.

sisco311
February 5th, 2010, 11:45 PM
no thanks, I drink!

Giant Speck
February 5th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Boxers.

Hanes.

Sporkman
February 5th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Hanes.

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/_Blogs/Warren_Buffett_Watch/_DAILY%20POSTS/Graphics/090502_Lacy_FruitLoom.jpg

Giant Speck
February 6th, 2010, 12:16 AM
http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/_Blogs/Warren_Buffett_Watch/_DAILY%20POSTS/Graphics/090502_Lacy_FruitLoom.jpg

Those aren't the actors from the commerical. :cry:

forrestcupp
February 6th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Assuming this thread is about The Matrix, I always wondered why in the world anyone would just take any unknown pill from some strange person that they have never seen before in their life.

If I were in Neo's shoes, I wouldn't have taken either one.

ubunterooster
February 6th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Assuming this thread is about The Matrix, I always wondered why in the world anyone would just take any unknown pill from some strange person that they have never seen before in their life.

If I were in Neo's shoes, I wouldn't have taken either one.
Besides a few references to boxers (and Hanes) this is about the matrix ;)

ubunterooster
February 6th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Red+Blue=Purple
I'll take the purple pill
In the event of the Purple missing, would you take a Blue? You could wake up believing you took a Purple...

MasterNetra
February 6th, 2010, 03:51 AM
This reminds me of that Halo made series Red vs Blue.

LightB
February 6th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Lies are for the Weak. Red for sure, now and always.

ubunterooster
February 7th, 2010, 04:34 AM
today I had a headache; I took a blue pill. I believe I feel better ;)
@cammin: excellent point!!! Does the red have any use? or is the difference food coloring?

Uncle Spellbinder
February 7th, 2010, 04:35 AM
red

gn2
February 7th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Don't do drugs.

Just say no.

Mr. Picklesworth
February 7th, 2010, 04:45 AM
I would totally go for the red pill, but I would pocket the blue one because a bit of dreamy optimism can be useful at times.

kidux
February 7th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Red, of course. Truth is the most important thing, even when it is painful, or rather especially then.

Uncle Spellbinder
February 7th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Don't do drugs.

Just say no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FtNm9CgA6U

Shpongle
February 7th, 2010, 05:14 AM
i already see the world for what it is or rather what its becoming!. money rules the world unfortunately (for now ;-))

Uncle Spellbinder
February 7th, 2010, 05:24 AM
i already see the world for what it is or rather what its becoming!. money rules the world unfortunately (for now ;-))

Not just "for now". But for ever. Capitalism is the lifeblood of the world's economy. And it sure won't be changing in our lifetimes, if ever. Maybe I need the blue pill then.

ubunterooster
February 7th, 2010, 05:55 AM
@ G2N: its NOT about drugs, its about philosophy: see alexfish
@jomoilto: mixing blue and red you see life the way you want while seeing it as it is, ie:YOU RULE EVERYTHING.HAHAHAHA

gn2
February 7th, 2010, 06:02 AM
@ g2n: Its not about drugs

whooooosh! :)

sisco311
February 7th, 2010, 07:06 AM
@ G2N: its NOT about drugs, its about philosophy: see alexfish

yeh, just like 1+1 is about mathematics... :P

sisco311: This game makes no sense.
sisco311: Do you want a beer?
sisco311: Violet is a fruit.