PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstall printer driver

roylond
February 4th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I am trying to get my Canoon Pixma iP3300 printer to work. I downloaded and installed the recommended driver but it has had no effect I still can't print. Do I have to uninstall this driver before trying another if I find one ? I so how do I do it please.

ubudog
February 4th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Where did you download the driver? Make sure to not get the windoze version. And, according to your profile, you are using 6.06. You should download 9.10 and upgrade. The printer should automatically work.

roylond
February 4th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks I'll try that and see how I go.
I downloaded the driver from open printing site. with the .deb tag

roylond
February 4th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hi Again Ubudog
I'm now running 9.10 but the printer driver is not listed. So I still cannot use the printer. I did try the highlighted driver but the test page come as a load of gibberish.:confused:

ubudog
February 5th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Well, it can detect your printer. Do you have enough ink?

drzoo2
February 5th, 2010, 02:28 AM
I found this in the forums. Maybe it will help you.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=374898

warfacegod
February 5th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Hi Again Ubudog
I'm now running 9.10 but the printer driver is not listed. So I still cannot use the printer. I did try the highlighted driver but the test page come as a load of gibberish.:confused:

My test pages are always "gibberish". Have you tried to do an actual print job?

roylond
February 5th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Hi Again
The ink cartridges are full newly installed and an actual print job is unreadable. The coloured areas are printed three time slightly overlapping each other. Printed word looks as though it is smudged but again printed three times slightly overlapping.
R

steve-shinn
February 5th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I had the same problem ... downloaded and installed turboprint .... problem sorted.

roylond
February 5th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Hi Again
Problem now solved for the present as I am trying turbo print and all seems well
Thanks to you all.
I'll be back in the not too distant future as I want to play a dvd but trying to solve on my own first.

R