PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Network Issues

josmcc
February 4th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Hi all. Just had something wierd happen all of the sudden. I can't get an IP address through DHCP, can set static on Wired, but not Wireless, when I set static on wired, I can't resolve DNS, except through a proxy(squid) located on my DNS Server (UBUNTU 7.10). Problem I'm having is with 9.10 on my laptop. I know it's not a server or router issue as my other PCs are running fine. Thanks in advance. Any ideas.

mhgsys
February 4th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Why don't you just assign the dns settings manually?

You'll find the dns settings in your router settings.

superprash2003
February 4th, 2010, 04:46 PM
step 8 has a screenshot on how you can add dns servers manually on network manager http://www.prash-babu.com/2009/01/how-to-setup-static-ip-in-ubuntu.html

josmcc
February 4th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Settings DNS manually doens't work for the wireless. It says it can't connect. It will work on wired, but only when I connect through the proxy.

josmcc
February 4th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up blacklisting fwcutter broadcom drivers and using ndiswrapper. I did run into a problem with ndiswrapper renaming the interface from wlan0 to wlan1. I had to use wicd network manager to probe wlan1 instead of wlan0 in properties. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the ndiswrapper sticky.
My own fault broadcom chipset 4309 I saw is still unstable