PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install Keeps Failing :(

WackoStylee
February 3rd, 2010, 07:31 AM
everytime i run the livecd and goto the demo and install or just go straight to installing ubuntu it gets to 94% of the install and the says it cannot copy grub and then it exits the install.......

any ideas???? ive been trying for 3 days now.... :)

沸かされた魚の人は猫を舐
February 3rd, 2010, 07:32 AM
Ubuntu version?

WackoStylee
February 3rd, 2010, 07:34 AM
ubuntu 9.10 i downloaded the ISO Image direct from the website.....

LMZKJ
February 3rd, 2010, 07:37 AM
Did you check the CD to ensure it was a good download? I have run into a couple of issues with that in the past.

Another suggestion that I will make based on past experience would be to wipe the drive before trying the install. This is assuming the system will be strictly Ubuntu, of course. I use the RescueCD and run shred.

Good luck!

WackoStylee
February 3rd, 2010, 07:42 AM
yep the ISO Image was downloaded from Ubuntu.com, i burnt it to a CD-R and then i cleared a parition on my SATA Drive ready for Ubuntu to be installed on to it. i even created a 2.5gb swaparea for it too, so there shouldnt of been any issues.

its getting really annoying now lol ive been trying for 3 days to get this to work and it fails everytime at 94% which is the point it copies GRUB and just exits the installation and shows the demo desktop.

it dont matter how i setup the partitions either ive tried every variation i can think of...

would it be better if i clear a partition on the IDE Drive that has windows XP on it and see if that works????

沸かされた魚の人は猫を舐
February 3rd, 2010, 07:44 AM
yep the ISO Image was downloaded from Ubuntu.com, i burnt it to a CD-R and then i cleared a parition on my SATA Drive ready for Ubuntu to be installed on to it. i even created a 2.5gb swaparea for it too, so there shouldnt of been any issues.

its getting really annoying now lol ive been trying for 3 days to get this to work and it fails everytime at 94% which is the point it copies GRUB and just exits the installation and shows the demo desktop.

it dont matter how i setup the partitions either ive tried every variation i can think of...

would it be better if i clear a partition on the IDE Drive that has windows XP on it and see if that works????

Do you have more than one HDD?

WackoStylee
February 3rd, 2010, 07:47 AM
right ok here is the spec of my machine::::

AMD Athlon X2 2.5ghz CPU
2gb Corsair XMS Gaming RAM (DDR 2)
2 x Western Digital 160gb SATA HDDs
1 x Maxtor 160 IDE HDD

the SATA Drives are setup as a SPAN and that is shown in the installation as SDB1, SDB2 etc

the IDE Drive is shown as SDC1

buntunoob
February 3rd, 2010, 07:53 AM
I think LMZKJ was refering to you might have a bad d/l, Try re-downloading it or try a diffrent Version.

WackoStylee
February 3rd, 2010, 08:07 AM
ok well im downloading the AMD 64 version via bit torrent.... let seeif that works :)