PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] categories for ubuntu software center

mepatuhoo
February 3rd, 2010, 06:06 AM
i have been using the new Ubuntu software center for a little wile now and i thought it would be very use full if there could be sub categories in the categories for example in games there should be different game categories also i found WINE in the games categorie and thats not really a game. and adding in stuff like buying and renting movies, music and other stuff would be very cool as well. a lot like how the Play station network gives you the ability to get movies. if ubuntu can some how work with some company to make a movie buy/rent and a music buy then that would make it very cool. also if there is some tools that would make some one like me able to make programs/applets/movies/music....and more and be able to some how post it to be reviewed and put in the software center for sale and let developers set the price or free much like itunes but much better then there system. just some ideas could be good could suck but thought maybe some one could build on my ideas and make something good out of it.

mepatuhoo
November 20th, 2010, 09:36 PM
the game categories are very limited at this point there should be more categories to break down the search for example: RPG, FPS, emulators, kids games, educational games, all games, classic games, and so on. right now we only have a few categories making the categories useless due to there lack of fine tuned categories. also there are many areas in the ubuntu software center that really need more categories break up the large lists into better grouped categories.