PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Crash problems with Toshia Satellite L30 11D

Gav_amigaman
February 3rd, 2010, 05:19 AM
Hi
My younger brother and my niece both have a Toshiba L30 11D laptop,now i installed Ubuntu 9.10 on one of them and when i reset the machine it locked up.Now when i went to reboot the laptop all i got was the ubuntu sign and it froze..

Now i tried to install ubuntu on my brothers laptop and pretty much the same thing happend but this time it worked for a short while but when i removed the charger from the back of the laptop it froze..When i booted the machine without the laptop charger i got ubuntu to boot then a few minutes later it locked up and now it just gets to the loading screen and no further..
I have just tried linux mint 8 and after a few lockups the laptop gets to the loading screen with the mint sign and no further..Does anyone have any idea what is up with the L30 11d??
Thanks in advance.

*Update*

Hmm it mainly seems to be when there is no charger plugged in to the laptops for some reason?any ideas?
Thanks

Gav_amigaman
February 3rd, 2010, 08:14 PM
So does no one have any idea?its deffo only when the charger is removed that they both crash,one has ubuntu 9.10 and the other has mint 8..Very strange