PDA

View Full Version : What brand car do you prefer?

#11u-max
February 3rd, 2010, 02:52 AM
So, what do you fellow ubuntu-forums posters drive/prefer? i have to say that i am more of a chevrolet person myself.

chucky chuckaluck
February 3rd, 2010, 02:54 AM
we've had four hondas and they've all been great, though a '69 dodge charger wouldn't kill me to have.

PuddingKnife
February 3rd, 2010, 03:01 AM
Not including Subaru in the poll? Madness!

LowSky
February 3rd, 2010, 03:11 AM
Way to go not including Volkswagen? Its one of the largest car companies in the world.

audiomick
February 3rd, 2010, 03:26 AM
Not including Subaru in the poll? Madness!

Correct.

Otherwise, Kawasaki....;)

blueshiftoverwatch
February 3rd, 2010, 03:28 AM
Saturn (subsidiary of General Motors)

mikeymouse
February 3rd, 2010, 03:38 AM
Saturn Ion..
when gm dumped Saturn they lost a better car than all the others they make.
I still think the oil companies get the motor companies to dump any car that gets good gas mileage.
Its a sorry thing.

pwnst*r
February 3rd, 2010, 03:41 AM
I've owned quite a few cars, but Honda and Infiniti are at the top.

Lightstar
February 3rd, 2010, 03:43 AM
Toyota but only those with problematic accelerators

MooPi
February 3rd, 2010, 03:50 AM
Let's see, 1964 VWBeatle, Chevorlet Chevette 1976, 1972 Chevelle ?Another Chevette, Ford Ranger 1992, 2000 Honda Civic, 2008 Chevy Malibu.................................Almost bought a Yugo.

witeshark17
February 3rd, 2010, 04:46 AM
Many are good, I like VW Toyota and BMW. My current favorite is Honda.

Gallahhad
February 3rd, 2010, 04:48 AM
Other:

Whichever one is at the top of the consumer reports list within the price range I am shopping in.

Brand name loyalty is not generally something I support or encourage. Buy the best you can afford every time, this helps drive companies to keep pushing forward and to keep offering quality products and services.

squilookle
February 3rd, 2010, 08:31 AM
I drive a Vauxhall.

LightB
February 3rd, 2010, 08:47 AM
I'm split between McLaren and Kia.

Gallahhad
February 3rd, 2010, 08:57 AM
I'm split between McLaren and Kia.
Hahahaha

kelvin spratt
February 3rd, 2010, 09:13 AM
I don't live in the US. so what is the point of these silly polls the US Is only a minor part of the world and yanky cars are so ugly. Real cars are made in Europe and Asia and all conform to the next generation of emissions.
I drive a European ford by the way

Grenage
February 3rd, 2010, 09:14 AM
At the moment, a Toyota.

toupeiro
February 3rd, 2010, 09:24 AM
As far as newer cars, I have to say I am a fan of saturns. I was very disappointed to see them get liquidated. They were the best line of practical GM cars. The only other GM I'd ever consider owning is a 2009-2010 Cadillac (http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Cadillac/2009-Cadillac-XLR-V-2.jpg). I've always been a big FoMoCo guy for classics, but I don't really care much about their late model cars. I have my 69 Torino GT, so I'm good to go. :)

Zoot7
February 3rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
Toyota are the only ones I've owned.

scouser73
February 3rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
I don't drive but if I did and I had the money, then it would be a Chrysler 300C.

bobbob94
February 3rd, 2010, 10:35 AM
My favourite vehicle is a bicycle :)

Paqman
February 3rd, 2010, 10:37 AM
Any of the big Japanese brands are excellent cars, i've had a Mazda that only needed an oil pressure switch changed in 100,000km (plus tires, plugs, oil, wipers, etc, obviously). Pretty sure i'd never buy an American car, but having never owned one that's just based on their rep really.

howlingmadhowie
February 3rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
I like cars which are revolutionary. For example, Citroëns built up to the mid 90s were fascinating cars, really cleverly done. They had things like headlights that turned round corners, 4 wheel independent air suspension with automatic ride levelling, transverse front motor driving the front wheels (they already had that in the 1930s!).

modern cars tend to be all computers and airbags. hulking, fat, boring corporate designs, and mostly pretty much identical.

of course, old citroëns tend to fall apart ...

I suppose my list of favourite cars of all time would look something like this:

Citroën DS
Landrover/Jeep
Smart
Ferrari Dino
Renault Espace
RR Phantom 3

Can't think of any more atm.

Dayofswords
February 3rd, 2010, 10:42 AM
other:
bike

mileage is amazing

cartman640
February 3rd, 2010, 12:01 PM
My preference on car brand is currently Toyota. They are very well built, well engineered and make some pretty quick small cars.

whiskeylover
February 3rd, 2010, 12:43 PM
I currently drive a Nissan gas guzzler. And I love it.

The Real Dave
February 3rd, 2010, 01:41 PM
Personally I drive a '94 Toyota Corolla, and love it, the thing is just bulletproof. Ok, not fast, but reliable :)

Get Mitsubishi on to the poll mate :) My family drive an 06 Mitsu Lancer, the "Comfort" version of the Evo 8. Its far from comfortable. We've been through a few Jap cars, and given the choice, take Jap or German. We avoid American cars like the plague :)

Also have a 92 Toyota Starlet, an great little car, just as reliable as the Corolla, just as slow ;)

Me and my Dad are currently working on an old Mini Cooper that was left to him. Needs quite a bit of work, new panels all round, they've all be eaten by rust. That said, the interior, and mechanics work perfectly, quite a feat seeing as the car hasn't been driven much in a long time. Slight damage to the front left wheel and axle meant that it was left sitting in a yard, where rust and time took its toll to the body. Not helped by some kids beating every panel :(

All it needs is some love though :) Minis are great cars

Grenage
February 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
There's a lot to be said for the older cars (emissions aside). I have a 98 Corolla G6, and it's rock solid; most importantly it's very open and easy to service.

HappinessNow
February 3rd, 2010, 01:52 PM
other...Suzuki (http://www.suzukiauto.com/) the best of the Japanese car manufactures (much better then Toyota and less expensive).

but I like my bicycle the best.

executor
February 3rd, 2010, 01:57 PM
BMW Mercerdes VW Audi.

madnessjack
February 3rd, 2010, 02:32 PM
ford ka ftw