PDA

View Full Version : installation of 64 Bit

Aries25au
February 3rd, 2010, 01:43 AM
Hello all and after much reading I am now ready to try and see what ubuntu has to offer to me. I am very impressed with the forum and the operating system and so will have a go. 1stly my system is a 775 socket intel with 2 gb ram. I am currently running win 7 64 bit no problems, now the problem is I have downloaded the 64 bt ubuntu file and burned the iso to disc. Unlike the the 32 bit which has an application/exe file in it the 64 has none. I try and install the 64 bit from the cd and no luck nothing comes up. I have also tried to re-downlaod it and burn it again and still same files minus any application to start the install. What am I missing.apart froom a few marbles.................??

Thanks in advance.:confused:

audiomick
February 3rd, 2010, 02:29 AM
Hallo.
I am guessing a bit here.
what it sounds like is that you are attempting a wubi install, i.e. windows is running, you put the CD in and install from inside windows.

It is possible you have got a version of the installer that doesn't offer the wubi option. I believe that it is not, for instance, on the alternate CD.

Sef
February 3rd, 2010, 04:18 AM
Read Installation (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation) from the Community Documents.