PDA

View Full Version : What touches /etc/sudoers

kev000
February 3rd, 2010, 01:28 AM
I have my own package that installs a /etc/sudoers however, something in the ubuntu install is touching it and adding an entry right after i install. Anyone know what app/package/process is doing that?

thanks.

nvteighen
February 3rd, 2010, 08:12 AM
I have my own package that installs a /etc/sudoers however, something in the ubuntu install is touching it and adding an entry right after i install. Anyone know what app/package/process is doing that?

thanks.

Your package shouldn't be installing /etc/sudoers... What the hell are you trying to do?

Reiger
February 3rd, 2010, 06:04 PM
Well to be fair you might have a ‘service pack’ you want to apply, like a collection of administrative settings + additional software.

Anyway there is a mechanism in place to detect /etc/sudoers change and/or corruption. I noticed when I messed up once with visudo.

kev000
February 3rd, 2010, 06:54 PM
Your package shouldn't be installing /etc/sudoers... What the hell are you trying to do?

Yes, it's more of a "service pack" for a custom build of ubuntu (see my sig).

I know this is a hack, but since i own the login manager, I suppose I could have it check if the sudoers file has changed (compare md5's or something) and fix it. I wish I could figure out whose changing it and have them change it to the way I want it.

Hellkeepa
February 3rd, 2010, 07:42 PM
HELLo!

Well... You could write a small app that puts an inotify watch on the file, and logs all the processes that modify it. Probably the fastest and most reliable way to do this.

Happy codin'!

nvteighen
February 3rd, 2010, 09:56 PM
There has to be an API or less brutal way to do this... I just can't believe the only way to do this is to replace /etc/sudoers.