PDA

View Full Version : anyone use rockbox on a sansa fuze?

mamamia88
February 3rd, 2010, 12:52 AM
i ordered one on amazon and it should be in soon but i have a few questions. 1. will i have to tag stuff to make it work with rockbox? 2. will the battery life be affected much? and 3.does it still have annoying refreshing database screen when you add new music?

kyle99
February 3rd, 2010, 01:03 AM
I don't think that rockbox works with the new sansa fuze's, only the old ones. Don't quote me on it though.

dragos240
February 3rd, 2010, 01:08 AM
I use a v1 fuze, works like a charm. The v2 needs a different firmware, which hasn't been developed fully yet.

mamamia88
February 3rd, 2010, 01:14 AM
ah i hope i get a v1 then. not sure if amazon is still shipping those out

dragos240
February 3rd, 2010, 01:16 AM
Not sure. Probably not, however a v2 will be put out eventually. Development has started on it, but it's not finished.

ubunterooster
February 5th, 2010, 03:28 AM
rockbox works on three of our sansa fuzes and our e250

clonne4crw
February 6th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I have been running Rockbox on my V1 Fuze for quite some time now, and I love it. To answer your questions:

1. Yes, you still have to use tags on the files if you want to use the database.

2. Battery life used to be really bad with Rockbox, but with the later versions it is pretty good

3. There is no USB support for Rockbox, so when you plug it in, it loads the original firmware for charging and transferring files. When you disconnect it, it will begin that "Refreshing your media" thing, but I just hold down the Power switch until it shuts off, considering I never use the Sansa firmware anymore, and it doesn't really matter.

Last time I checked, Rockbox only works on the V1 Fuzes, so you might want to make sure that what you got is a V1.

Hope this helps!

ubunterooster
February 9th, 2010, 03:41 AM
I get 5 more hr battery life w/ rockbox