PDA

View Full Version : Launching a TV Channel

GreenDance
February 2nd, 2010, 09:04 PM
Hi, I am currently in the planning stages of launching a TV Channel on Freesat, it won't be 24 hours as that's far to expensive at launch, I'm planning on it to be an entertainment / informational channel, I'm looking for some pointers of what people would like to watch.

Thanks in advance.

thatguruguy
February 2nd, 2010, 09:05 PM
pr0n?

GreenDance
February 2nd, 2010, 09:08 PM
pr0n?

sensible suggestions please :)

arnab_das
February 2nd, 2010, 09:11 PM
dont think soaps and sitcoms would b a good idea. how about tutorials and stuff like that. documentaries would be great too. travel shows, i love em! even the most amateur youtube travel videos have over a thousand hits.

RabbitWho
February 2nd, 2010, 09:13 PM
Television is a dead medium. Why not start a you tube channel instead?

GreenDance
February 2nd, 2010, 09:28 PM
Television is a dead medium. Why not start a you tube channel instead?

Thats a good point, broadband is getting faster, and people (including myself) do like to watch things when we want, :)

Sporkman
February 2nd, 2010, 10:29 PM
You can have the "Poke things with a stick" program, where it shows the host, guests stars, and grabbed passers-by poking at various things with sticks. You could have the show travel to various exotic locales to find strange and wonderful things to poke sticks at.

juancarlospaco
February 2nd, 2010, 10:32 PM
UbunTV !!!

GreenDance
February 3rd, 2010, 06:02 PM
dont think soaps and sitcoms would b a good idea. how about tutorials and stuff like that. documentaries would be great too. travel shows, i love em! even the most amateur youtube travel videos have over a thousand hits.

A computer show? :)

lisati
February 3rd, 2010, 06:04 PM
UbunTV !!!

Sounds good! :D

GreenDance
February 6th, 2010, 01:00 PM
bump, do you prefer online streaming or broadcast tv?