PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot see entire screen during installation

keno.mentor
February 2nd, 2010, 12:27 PM
Hello,

I am trying to install Ubuntu 9.10 on my Fujitsu-siemens notebook but cannot see the entire installation screen - the bottom and right side of the screen seems to extend beyond the viewable area so I cannot see the 'next' buttons.

How does one get around that? I haven't seen any 'safe mode' installation options.

With thanks,
keno

darkod
February 2nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
When you boot with the cd and ubuntu menu shows up, there is some F button to press for safe graphics. I don't remember which one. Look around at the bottom of the screen (if you can see it).

Rhubarb
February 2nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
You can move windows around (even if they're bigger than your screen) by pressing alt + left mouse drag anywhere on that window.
It's not the best solution, but it can be handy when you're on a computer with a small resolution monitor.

keno.mentor
February 2nd, 2010, 08:58 PM
thanks!

pyromidget
March 12th, 2010, 11:52 PM
hi there, i hate to resurrect a thread, but i'm having exactly the same problem. whether trying to install, or just booting into a live system, the monitor detection just seems to screw up. it displays at a resolution far greater than the panel can manage, so i only get the top left quarter atually on-screen.

i understand there are ways around this, but has anyone actually managed to fixx the root of the problem?