PDA

View Full Version : Kernels dissapeared from grub, win included...oh and live usb doenst work.

rbolio
February 2nd, 2010, 08:05 AM
Ohh what a day..
So my friends computer, a HP mini...don't really know much about the model but she already had UNR....it worked pretty well, however she had not done any software updates....

I ran the update from the automatic updates...

internet stoped working and everything started working weird, so i decided to reboot...

EVERYTHING, except memtest went missing from grub, even the windows partition....

so i decided to create a usb start up file... with a gutsy live cd (hey, that one never failed me!)
Once it was finished using my lap's usb creator thing, i tried running the live scenario (or w/e its called) and it goes directly to busy box....

So, any ideas on how i can get a rt kernel? or atleast put the kernels back on grub so i can work on it like that? thanks for your help!

rbolio
February 2nd, 2010, 08:14 AM
Help please!

rbolio
February 2nd, 2010, 04:09 PM
bump

darkod
February 2nd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Did you do the updates, or an actual upgrade from one version to another?

An upgrade can go wrong, and this sounds very wrong. However, not being able to run the live desktop is also strange, maybe it is hardware related and it just happened as coincidence with the updates.
Also, Gutsy is a bit old, and HP mini is new hardware, are you able to create usb stick with a newer version of ubuntu and try the live desktop? It doesn't even need to be UNR, I'm running Desktop 9.10 32bit just fine on netbook.