PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/iPod Touch App "circletris" Stealing the Ubuntu Logo?

feature
February 2nd, 2010, 05:07 AM
Was perusing price drops on iPhone apps and came across this:

http://appshopper.com/games/circletris

I tried looking around, and the best info I can find is on Wikipedia that claims the Ubuntu logo may or may not be restricted, but thought it might be of interest regardless.:-k

amitabhishek
February 2nd, 2010, 05:13 AM
Gosh! Thats blatant TM violation.

Ric_NYC
February 2nd, 2010, 05:19 AM
100% sure.

FuturePilot
February 2nd, 2010, 05:29 AM
in b4 pasted angry email

-grubby
February 2nd, 2010, 05:31 AM
Quick, someone call Canonical!

Using...

http://media.fukung.net/images/3961/Saddam%20Science.jpg

Sporkman
February 2nd, 2010, 05:32 AM
"I got science for every occasion
Approximating theorems, formulating equations..."
-- Beastie Boys

ctrlmd
February 2nd, 2010, 05:58 AM
those who can't create steal others creation :/

Dj Melik
February 2nd, 2010, 06:23 AM
how is that 'copying' ubuntu logo?

NightwishFan
February 2nd, 2010, 06:35 AM
Haha, yeah it is. I am oddly mad about that since I despise anything to do with Apple. The last thing I need is some guy saying "hey that laptop stole that logo from Circletris!!!!"

Mr. Picklesworth
February 2nd, 2010, 06:38 AM

It isn't; there is absolutely no way one could be confused for the other unless somebody was deliberately looking for a conflict.
Besides, the logo for that game makes a lot of sense given its gameplay. It isn't like they went out and thought "oh, that looks like a successful logo" and pasted it on their product.

amitabhishek
February 2nd, 2010, 06:50 AM

It isn't; there is absolutely no way one could be confused for the other unless somebody was deliberately looking for a conflict.
Besides, the logo for that game makes a lot of sense given its gameplay. It isn't like they went out and thought "oh, that looks like a successful logo" and pasted it on their product.

Are you guys serious? Doesn't this looks familiar?

AllRadioisDead
February 2nd, 2010, 06:54 AM
It's a modified version of the Ubuntu logo. Who cares, this doesn't need a forum thread. Send it to Canonical.

dmizer
February 2nd, 2010, 07:02 AM
Send it to Canonical.

This is the correct way to handle this issue. Canonical is the TM holder and has the authority to act on any violations.