PDA

View Full Version : Computer geek + Guitarist?

Jackzor
February 1st, 2010, 10:41 PM
Who else?

Also. Think Welcome Home By Coheed and Cambria. Can you think of a song similar to that in guitar style and ease? I wanna learn something else but can't think of anything

Talk!

whiskeylover
February 1st, 2010, 10:44 PM
Try songs by MLTR. I know they have some girly songs. But they're easy to play.

Jackzor
February 1st, 2010, 10:49 PM
Who else?

Think Welcome Home By Coheed and Cambria. Can you think of a song similar to that

Lol

LowSky
February 1st, 2010, 10:51 PM
Who else?

Also. Think Welcome Home By Coheed and Cambria. Can you think of a song similar to that in guitar style and ease? I wanna learn something else but can't think of anything

Talk!

Just learn the songs you listening to...

whiskeylover
February 1st, 2010, 10:52 PM
Lol

Aah

Jackzor
February 1st, 2010, 10:52 PM
Just learn the songs you listening to...

Problem = I RARELY listen to music..Lol

LowSky
February 1st, 2010, 11:10 PM
Problem = I RARELY listen to music..Lol

Why learn to play if you're not passionate about music?

psoulocybe
February 1st, 2010, 11:31 PM
Write your own.

Simian Man
February 1st, 2010, 11:43 PM
Personally I learned to play guitar mostly with Nirvanas songs. They are easy, sound good and are very familiar (to me at least).

Jackzor
February 1st, 2010, 11:57 PM
I already know how to play guitar.. I can play Welcome Home by coheed and cambria. I was looking for more conversation than what I'm getting lol

cmay
February 2nd, 2010, 12:22 AM
iI am not a geek but I do enjoy computers and I play guitar. I play blues and learned playing when I was fourteen. now I am a old man the age of 34 yrs.

dont know the songs you mention so cant give any suggestions on that account but I would recommend getting a good soundcard for your computer and learn to use the programs like ardour and create some backing tracks usign hydrogen and maybe get someone to lay the bassline on it.

Audio production on linux has a rep for being for geeks or somewhere what nerdy at least so this might satisfie both aspects of your geek + guitarist personality.

and it could be fun too.

btw. just had a thread about getting some ressurces on open tunings and old delta blues. if you know any sites then I would be glad. if youd share them with me ..

Zoot7
February 2nd, 2010, 02:00 AM
Write your own.
+1 if you're up to it.

I used to exclusively play other artist's tracks but for the last few years I write all my own stuff, or I like to take a theme from a popular game/movie and "jazz it up" in my own way. Crazy fun once you get into it, and it's just a case of arming yourself with a repitoire of scales and chord techniques, the Minor Pentatonic is a winner in the regard of the former.

But in generaly you're best to just learn what you listen to and enjoy most, and then take inspiration from there.