PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Thank God for Ubuntu Linux

Sisyphus48
February 1st, 2010, 06:44 PM
Well, I've had Microsoft reaffirm why I switched to Ubuntu Linux two years ago. I recently downloaded a trial version of Window 7 to see if it was worth having as a dual boot on my hard drive. Linux will always remain my primary OS but I thought that having a Windows system in case I needed to access a sight that only used Windows might be handy. It was suppose to be a 90 trial version. After 14 days the trial version said it had to be activated or it wouldn't work. Tried to activate it but no way, error code yada, yada, yada. Tried to activate it via the automated phone robot, no way. Went through an hour on the phone talking to 4 different people all of whom said it wasn't their department and were no help at all. What's worse than no support for a product: Support that will burn up your phone minutes and not be of any service. Thank God for Ubuntu Linux. I have my MCSE and MCSA, had used Windows since 1987, and there is no doubt in my mind that Linux is a better, more secure, more efficient operating system.