PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless issues

dardack
February 1st, 2010, 12:54 AM
Ok i have this problem. After awhile webpages won't load in chrome/firefox. ping www.google.com works, connecting to wow works, connecting to vent server works, connecting to my server for my music in my basement works. Just webapges fail to load after awhile.

My wife's laptop doesn't experience this issue. She's running 9.04 32bit intel wireless. I'm running 9.10 64bit AR928x wireless driver.

Any things i can try?

keplerspeed
February 1st, 2010, 02:15 AM
Try clearing your cache and browsing data. In chrome click on the spanner in top right corner>options>personal stuff tab then "clear browsing data".

In firefox I think it is in edit>preferences somewhere.

dardack
February 1st, 2010, 10:14 PM
Try clearing your cache and browsing data. In chrome click on the spanner in top right corner>options>personal stuff tab then "clear browsing data".

In firefox I think it is in edit>preferences somewhere.

Tried that same issue. Now I think I've nailed it down, when i'm listening to Rythmbox to music that is on my server downstairs, shared with samba, that's when I can't browse the web, but I can ping websites/play wow/connect to vent/etc.

dardack
February 2nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Ok yes, if i'm running Rythmbox listening to music on my server downstairs, it affects web browsing. basically I can't, but I can ping the websites. Any ideas?

bkratz
February 2nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
You might check out this post

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8599246&postcount=5

superprash2003
February 2nd, 2010, 04:25 PM
well it depends on bandwidth availability , if your wifi router is away from your machine , you have a weak signal thus very low speed , hence the music player is taking all the bandwidth making your internet slow

dardack
February 3rd, 2010, 05:36 AM
well it depends on bandwidth availability , if your wifi router is away from your machine , you have a weak signal thus very low speed , hence the music player is taking all the bandwidth making your internet slow

No, cause i can still Gmail chat/play wow/connect to vent, just webpages won't load. But i can ping the websites, but firefox/chrome basically both say the site doesn't exist.

dardack
February 3rd, 2010, 05:39 AM
You might check out this post

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8599246&postcount=5

TY for this, it made it so i never drop below 95% now, very awesome, could drop to 35% at times, was wired. Getting constant 90's now.

Still did not fix this issue. I can browse the web, as soon as i turn on rythmbox to music located on my server, After a few minutes i can't browse the web. I even exit rythmbox, and still can't browse the web, until I restart the machine. Logging in and out does not fix the issue, whatever it is.

This is freaking annoying me to no end. It's like I can't listen to music and browse web at same time anymore.

dardack
February 6th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Anyone at all why rhythmbox playing music from my server over my internal network would affect web browsing?