PDA

View Full Version : compiz-like plugins for windows

sudoer541
January 31st, 2010, 10:47 PM
I am switching back to windows and I would like to know if such plugins exist?
I am looking for two plugins. One that gradually zooms in and out with the mouse wheel and a multiple desktop plus expose plug in.

Psumi
January 31st, 2010, 10:48 PM
Vista: One

XP: Lots

Win7: None I believe.

You should google search for them. have fun.

Oh, you said mouse wheel, sorry, then forget it.

but if you still want to search for the vista one, I'll give you a hint, it's on deviantart.

juancarlospaco
January 31st, 2010, 10:50 PM
KDE 4 for Windows ?

Psumi
January 31st, 2010, 10:51 PM
KDE 4 for Windows ?

why would sudoer, who blatently said that s/he wants to avoid linux like the plague install KDE on windows?

sudoer541
February 1st, 2010, 05:08 AM
why would sudoer, who blatently said that s/he wants to avoid linux like the plague install KDE on windows?

By switching to windows does not mean I hate ubuntu, but I think you distorted my words.
anyway, no I am looking for something that can slow down my pc like kde4.
I just think that ubuntu needs ton of work to make it usable as an alternative OS to windows. It also needs more software support and its very inconvenient when I have to configure my computer with the command line.

since compiz its open source, can someone here port it to windows?

AllRadioisDead
February 1st, 2010, 05:59 AM
I hear Aero works well.

sudoer541
February 1st, 2010, 06:04 AM
I hear Aero works well.

yes but it does have multiple dektops, expose, zoom in and out with the mouse wheel. thats sad! :(

Redache
February 1st, 2010, 06:29 AM

You could port it yourself, since you need it so much.

Windows has Desktop Composition and it's difficult to add to that since it's closed source.

murderslastcrow
February 1st, 2010, 07:35 AM
http://www.mynimi.net/

This is exclusive to XP, since most of the advanced effects have not been adapted for Vista or later. This is basically the closest it gets to having these effects in Windows, and it consumes a lot more processing power than compiz.

Perfect Storm
February 1st, 2010, 07:40 AM
You could try stardock Object Desktop www.stardock.com but it cost 49.95 each year.

NoaHall
February 1st, 2010, 08:31 AM

There you go, demanding away again. You just don't stop, do you?
No, I will not port a giant project to Windows just for you.

AllRadioisDead
February 1st, 2010, 09:22 AM
There you go, demanding away again. You just don't stop, do you?
No, I will not port a giant project to Windows just for you.
Aww! Pretty please?

Psumi
February 1st, 2010, 01:07 PM
Someone tried "porting" it to windows with new features and whatnot, but it got them nowhere. it was called AniCore... the website was here: http://www.elementsoftware.co.uk/

patternjake had several accounts on deviantART, but they were all banned. The guy also wanted to team up with reactOS, which also got him no where, because his ElementOS screenshots were of GNOME/etc originally.