PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lexmark Z35 on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic

jkloor
January 31st, 2010, 05:43 PM
Hi everyone, kindly request your help with instructions how to install the lexmark z35 driver on 9.10

All the instructions I have found relate to previous versions that run with libstdc++5. That library is now obsolete and replaced by libstdc++6. My problems is that this is not compatible with the driver CJLZ35LE-CUPS-2.0-1.TAR.GZ I have downloaded.

I am totally new in Linux and Ubuntu 9.10 is my first distro on my home-pc (2 weeks ago). Love this OS! (Openoffice, Firefox, Evolution, Empathy, VYM....).

Have everything I need. Z35 is my only pending task. Pls hlp!

Joseph
joseph.loor@live.com

anglican
February 1st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Hi everyone, kindly request your help with instructions how to install the lexmark z35 driver on 9.10

All the instructions I have found relate to previous versions that run with libstdc++5. That library is now obsolete and replaced by libstdc++6. My problems is that this is not compatible with the driver CJLZ35LE-CUPS-2.0-1.TAR.GZ I have downloaded.

I am totally new in Linux and Ubuntu 9.10 is my first distro on my home-pc (2 weeks ago). Love this OS! (Openoffice, Firefox, Evolution, Empathy, VYM....).

Have everything I need. Z35 is my only pending task. Pls hlp!

Joseph
joseph.loor@live.com

Get and install the jaunty version of libstdc++5 from:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/libstdc++5

H